@actionabe and @othermichael: It's WAR!

I used to hate olives, then I went on a trip to Greece and tried some olives there, and dang, real fresh Kalamata olives were crazy good. Now I even like the ones we get here even if they aren’t nearly as good since they remind me of visiting Greece. So my recommendation is for you to take a vacation. Even if you don’t like olives in the end, we all need more excuses to travel.

9 Likes

Brie is only for French breads, overpriced water crackers and baking.

I would if I could; just because I love traveling.

I doubt that I’ll ever like olives though; like curry, they make my lymph nodes ‘ping.’

10 Likes

I’m still full from lunch yet suddenly peckish, esuriant, 'ungry like, and about to sally forth to infiltrate a place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some of those comestibles.

8 Likes

Carr’s Water Crackers and Amish cultured butter cut like cheese = HEAVEN.

8 Likes

12 Likes

If you used a crumbly Greek cheese on a cheese-steak would it be a feta compli?

20 Likes

I’ve been to Greece lots of times.

I still don’t like olives.

4 Likes

Well I’d recommend another trip to Greece to take another crack at them. There’s a lovely taverna in Mystras that serves heaping plates of roast garlic and olives that’s just stellar so long as you don’t die trying to drive there on their insane roads. Also the (mostly) abandoned Byzantine city in Mystras is absolutely mind-blowing, so even if the olives are a bust, it’ll be okay.

Mmm, olives.

13 Likes

It does if you go on to make TWO sandwiches. :wink:

1 Like

Yes it does!

15 Likes

What does that mean? Is it an allergic reaction?

1 Like

It means the nodes behind my jaws hate whatever is in curry (and olives.)

It didn’t turn up on my allergen tests, though; so IDK if you could technically call it an allergy. I’ve always thought of it as an ‘automatic physiological aversion.’

7 Likes

What’s going on with the suggested topics algorithm here?

Does it read “hot dog” x amount of times and decide it’s being used as a euphemism? Because, really, when has anyone ever seen “hot dog” mentioned this many times under one topic?

3 Likes

IDK; that’s not what pops up in my suggested topics:

2 Likes

As a chemist this makes me wince. Water is an atom away from hydrogen peroxide. All cheeses are a molecule away from plastic. We used to make a plastic out of milk. You still can at home, though it’s not terribly useful.

But delicious cheese derived product does. Mmmmm. Why put anything else on a cheesesteak?

7 Likes

Because it’s fucking wrong.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Isn’t half of the reason that civet poo coffee is so good supposed to be due to the fact that they only pick the ripest cherries to eat – doesn’t having them caged defeat that selection?

3 Likes

Pfft you sound like you’d even object to delicious foie gras!

4 Likes

I know. That’s what makes it sooo right.

4 Likes

Hard pass.

2 Likes