Actor Andy Dick receives jail sentence for groping an Uber driver, must register as a sex offender

Originally published at: Actor Andy Dick receives jail sentence for groping an Uber driver, must register as a sex offender | Boing Boing

7 Likes

Another garbage human I hoped never to hear about again.

11 Likes

Seems that Dick is still a dick.

19 Likes

16 Likes

Between Andy Dick turning out to be a sex predator, Joe Rogan turning into a right-wing nut job podcaster and Phil Hartman’s tragic murder I don’t think I could ever watch an episode of NewsRadio again without getting terribly depressed.

33 Likes

At least Dave Nelson still seems sane and not too much of an asshole, (at least AFAIK…)

16 Likes

Another good reason for Tim Allen to have changed his surname.

5 Likes

Last month Dick was arrested on a charge of felony burglary for stealing power tools at a construction site.

Handy Dick?

Unfortunately, more like Handsy Dick. Ugh.

If he’da wanted to avoid consequences, he should have announced a run for POTUS.

8 Likes

Stephen Root (“Jimmy James”) also seems to be an awesome guy.

Andy Dick had very little goodwill even when Newsradio was in first run. IIRC, his co-stars said things at the time that indicated they liked him even less than the show’s viewers did.

11 Likes

So there are still some states where he’s NOT registered as a sex offender?

10 Likes

Looks like Andy Dick is really taking his last name a bit too seriously

8 Likes

Good call; I’d forgotten about him, because he’s such a damn chameleon as an actor…

31 Likes

Sad to hear that AD’s personal life continues to be fraught with so much chaos. He (along with Nelson, Hartman, Rogan, Tierney, Lewis, Root et al) was responsible for so many incredibly hilarious moments. I loved that damn show.

3 Likes

He’s amazing, i really loved his character on NewsRadio which was the first time i had seen him in anything. Also it’s the show that really endeared me to Phil Hartman, i miss him.

9 Likes

There was also the bit where he played a producer/broadcaster in O Brother, Where Art Thou thus establishing that his character in NewsRadio was an ageless immortal being.

13 Likes

Also:

11 Likes

That movie came out 22 years ago, damn.

23 Likes

That can’t possibly be an accurate statement.

12 Likes

Wish it weren’t so…

12 Likes