Actor Robbie Coltrane, of Hagrid fame, dead at 72

Originally published at: Actor Robbie Coltrane, of Hagrid fame, dead at 72 | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Truly a wonderful actor and a fine gentleman! Adios mi Amigo!

18 Likes

I will always treasure his performance in Perfectly Normal.

Also Krull

11 Likes

Animated GIF - Imgflip

21 Likes

I always think of this one

But Cracker was good too. I think it’s been swept under the rug because a lot of themes that were edgy in the 90s are, um, not OK today

12 Likes

I’m anaspeptic, phrasmotic, even compunctuous to hear about Mr. Coltrane’s recent mortal cessation. No pericombobulation or contrafibularities I assure you.

14 Likes

He and Minnie Driver stole the nightclub scene from Pierce Brosnan in Goldeneye.

Robbie Coltrane made the most of all of his roles!

7 Likes

Need to rewatch Cracker.

5 Likes

His programme about Diesel engines was a superb peaen to the now much maligned engine.

13 Likes

The Young Ones.
Al Fresco.

6 Likes

“of Hagrid fame”

Et tu Brute?

4 Likes

Greatest Robbie scene ever - from The Supergrass.

My favourite part comes right after this, when he assembles the weapon he’s been carrying in the cello case, then leaps into the sea and dismantles a sailboat with his Chainsaw!

10 Likes

That is a perfectly cromulent reaction.

6 Likes

Is it bad that I most remember his cable over-broadcasted role with Eric Idle in Nuns on the Run?

6 Likes

It is not bad.
'Tis a good thing.

3 Likes

His turn as Falstaff in Kenneth Branagh’s (best) film HENRY V is fantastic. The look he gives when he gets the old “I know thee not, old man” from Hal is worth the price of admission.

4 Likes

“Spectacles, testicles, wallet and watch!”

7 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.