Ad against Gov. Abbott's strict abortion law in TX is creepier than any Twilight Zone — because it's real (video)

Originally published at: Ad against Gov. Abbott's strict abortion law in TX is creepier than any Twilight Zone — because it's real (video) | Boing Boing

11 Likes

Sick Tully GIF by Big Brother Australia

24 Likes

Just hope this gets some voters disturbed enough to get up and get rid of these medieval misogynistic monsters.

We need more such displays of what extremist politics can cause. …really need one that depicts what a state becomes when republican installed voting commissioners turn a state into an autocracy.

27 Likes

The tagline should be:
“My uncle raped me, but it was Greg Abbott who F^&*ed me”

29 Likes

I think showing actual children of the same age as known rape victims is helpful, because it forces the public to see exactly how childish they still are. Aw, she’s nearly a teen, she’ll be fine doesn’t work if you’re looking at someone who clearly still sleeps in footie pajamas.

26 Likes

Bad family development:bore me wrong; Abbott: violated my will

2 Likes

Woof. That made me physically uncomfortable.
I hope it works that way on everyone who sees it.

4 Likes

Last I checked, there are no cancers

aggravated by, caused by, or arising from a pregnancy

So, sorry, your cancer treatment will have to wait until you deliver. Yes, you’re unlikely to live that long but it’s God’s will.

8 Likes

This is not the first ad this group has done. My mother is active with the League of Women Voters in Texas, and she sent me a couple of other videos. This one is … a lot.

7 Likes

A B&W version, and opening with a CGI Rod Serling saying, “Submitted for your… approval?” would have been interesting.

2 Likes

15 Likes

Same reaction here. I’m obviously pro-choice but the ad still provoked a visceral reaction.

3 Likes

And no coincidence that the dr has a passing resemblance to Abbott…

3 Likes

Mad Tommy Wiseau GIF by The Room

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.