Advent calendars for cats coming to Trader Joe's

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/15/advent-calendars-for-cats-comi.html

4 Likes

Catvent  

10 Likes

ok, but i think all cats are scientologists.

3 Likes

I do know that cats are not good at waiting for things. If I got one of these, I would expect it to be eviscerated by the time I got home from work, no matter where I had hidden it.

4 Likes

8 Likes

Pagans. They’re pagans.

Worshipers of Bastet, natch :smirk_cat:

(/s in case that’s not obvious)

10 Likes

I bought the dog one last year (even though it was like 6.99-- far more expensive than the 99-cent ones for humans). When I opened the first little door on December 1st, my dog was like, “Nah, not into it.” He didn’t want the treat, so I ended up giving the calendar to my neighbor, whose dog is less picky.

2 Likes

Today in “things my household does not need, but will be buying for our three cats…”…

3 Likes

No Trader Joe’s here, so my three beasties will be deprived of this delight unless TJ’s lower rent cousin Aldi gets them, with lesser graphics and slightly odd treats inside.

Why not catnip? That really is a magical treat for cats.

And when can we get Advent calendars with cannabis edibles? It’s in the bible, Genesis 1:29!

(Sadly, for me it’s when we get a less authoritarian government in the UK. So, slightly past the heat death of the universe.)

1 Like

“we heard from our feline, loving customers that we should have something for their cats”

So when you don’t reread your transcript before posting it, you can miss a comma in there where there should be a hyphen, and then cats seem to have other cats as pets. And seem to be up for buying them a catvent calendar, which is nice.

1 Like

Cats do have pets of course. They’re just not other cats.

3 Likes

Cousin is apt. Aldi Nord owns Trader Joe’s while Aldi Süd owns Aldi in the US. The two Aldis are separate companies due to a dispute between the founding Albrecht brothers over selling cigarettes (one believed they would attract shoplifters.)

2 Likes
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.