After 17 years, CNN fires "stunned" Don Lemon without warning

Originally published at: After 17 years, CNN fires "stunned" Don Lemon without warning | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Yeah, I hadn’t been following closely but I had kinda been under the impression that they’d already let him go after that “past her prime” thing. Better late than never.

14 Likes

I guess reading between the lines, Lemon out and Carlson in at CNN?

7 Likes

With CNN’s lurch to the right, that is unfortunately a possibility.

11 Likes

Welcome to corporate America, Don. This shit has been happening to us peons for decades.

25 Likes

It sounds like he’s just been ignoring HR saying he’s been fucking up, for years.

19 Likes

Perhaps his career was swallowed by the same black hole that got MH370

1 Like

CNN definitely saw a stealth opportunity to slide under the main news of the moment (the TV dinner guy firing).

14 Likes

no… :face_with_head_bandage:

:scream:NO!!!

6 Likes

surprised steve urkel GIF

6 Likes

TC has already been fired from CNN after getting embarrassed by Jon Stewart.

10 Likes

slow clap GIF

23 Likes

Oh, so incredibly obligatory:

14 Likes

I dunno…it seems to me that they’ve actually kind of linked the two, so that if people talk about Carlson they’re going to also talk about Lemon.

6 Likes

Why would CNN want that? :thinking:

4 Likes

I was buying ganja from a friend who was watching CNN at that very moment. He and my BF and I were laughing so hard at mr swanson, who was obviously out of his depth.

N.B.: mr swanson’s depth is roughly equal to that of a very small, evaporating puddle.

10 Likes

Not saying they want that, just saying that it doesn’t work out as a “stealth” move, IMO.

1 Like

wow! i had heard about a couple of those, but seeing it all together like that: i’m surprised he lasted so long.

6 Likes

Ah okay. Yeah, it seems likely to me that the timing is just a coinkydink.

8 Likes

dl-wiwwy
Ask that question while stood before a mirror once again, mr lemongrab.
giphy

6 Likes