Don Lemon receives "formal training" before returning to CNN after "woman in her prime" comments

Originally published at: Don Lemon receives "formal training" before returning to CNN after "woman in her prime" comments | Boing Boing

3 Likes

“Don’t shoot the messenger” only applies when you are relaying information from someone else, not when you are hand-delivering a message you composed personally.

10 Likes

That “formal training” for one of the head anchors of a major news network basically comes down to “don’t say stupid crap on-air” says a lot about the state of television news these days.

I’m sure that there was also “formal training” about the specific nature of the stupid crap he said on-air, but there are other, more precise terms for that.

8 Likes

Your opinions aren’t facts, you aging dick.

17 Likes

We should petition CNN to replace him with a nice steamy plate of spotted dick.

Sweet GIF

7 Likes

Came here for exactly this. Talk about missing the point.

7 Likes

Beginning to think Don is not a morning person…

2 Likes

And now Haley is fundraising off the comment.

4 Likes

I don’t care for Nikki Haley one bit but she’s clearly the most clever and least loathsome of the Republicans who have thrown their hat in the ring for 2024 so far. (Of course that’s damning with faint praise.)

3 Likes

Nikki Haley flying a feminist flag?!

Damn, that is some deeply cynical opportunitism.

5 Likes

He has agreed to participate in formal training, as well as continuing to listen and learn. We take this situation very seriously,

It likely went something like this:

“Somebody pull the financials on Lemon. Is he still a money-maker for us, or is he a liability?”

“He’s a money-maker, somehow, still.”

“OK, I’ll sit him down, tell him to STFU, and we’ll make up some BS about him doing some kind of seminar.”

“Why don’t you call it ‘training,’ it’ll sound better.”

“Genius! In fact we’ll call it ‘formal trianing,’ then it’ll really sound serious.”

7 Likes
2 Likes
3 Likes

I knew something was different about that broadcast. Cooper and Cohen were drinking a lot of disgusting stuff, but neither was bombed like usual. Even Quest seemed subdued, and that guy is a legendary freak.

2 Likes

… is there something like AA but for saying stupid shit on television :thinking:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.