LOL at the different tones of Fox News's Harris Faulkner delivering the Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon news (video)

Originally published at: LOL at the different tones of Fox News's Harris Faulkner delivering the Tucker Carlson and Don Lemon news (video) | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Ugh, yes, as @zfirphdn was possibly alluding to in the Don Lemon thread, there are plenty of fools out there in falling-out-the-right-side-of-the-overton-window land who will see the dual firings as a “balancing of the force” as if Don Lemon were somehow the “leftist” equivalent of T.C. McFuckface

14 Likes

I’m usually not shocked at all by the tonal differences, but seeing that it’s literally the same “anchor” and most likely not that much time difference (did Tucker happen first?) is jarring and annoying.

Edit - Tucker was announced first, from what I was reading. So yeah…extra callous but par for the course.

9 Likes

I like to check out the differing coverages at FoxNews.com when things like this happen:

A long article on Lemon’s firing including lots of salacious details about his previous on-air controversies - CNN fires Don Lemon, leaving longtime anchor 'stunned' | Fox News

In contrast, 5 brief paragraphs about Carlson’s sacking with a very soft headline - FOX News Media, Tucker Carlson part ways | Fox News

Actually, I give them credit for announcing Carlson’s firing at all.

ETA:
And to be fair, here’s the contrasting headlines at CNN.com

8 Likes

Well yeah, that’s part of the Fox brand. Only liberal crybabies aren’t completely covered in callouses from pulling on their bootstraps 24/7, don’tcha know.

10 Likes

Sympathy for white supremacists always works out so well for PoC, Harris…

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.