After 17 years, luxury hotel lifts ban for man whose pepperoni brought disaster to his room

i desperately want to see Patrick Stewart in this role.

10 Likes

Thrown out of the Gorsham, the Who moved to the Waldorf-Astoria, one of New York’s swankiest hotels. Then, when the management locked the Who out of their rooms until they paid their bill in advance and in cash (probably after receiving a call from the Gorsham), Moon retrieved his luggage from his locked room by blowing the door off its hinges.

4 Likes

Yeah, this strikes me as BS-y. Even 17 years ago they had GFCI outlets. That should have snapped and that would have been the end of it.

1 Like

And he walked, he walked so far away. Couldn’t get away.

11 Likes

And that is probably exactly what happened, he as much as admits that anything beyond that is ignorance and conjecture.

1 Like

I feel like in modern times this would end with Moon being shot by the police

6 Likes
6 Likes

Yeah, just as soon as Sting is finished hauling sir’s luggage…

AceFaceQuadropheniaBellhop

5 Likes

Seagull Excrement Tornado = my new band name

8 Likes

“Seagull Guanado,” for short. :grinning:

9 Likes

Well played. Wasn’t until I got all the way through this story of resurrection that I realized the story came out on, well, Easter.

2 Likes

I’d pick Rowan Atkinson, because Peter Sellers is not available. Birdie num num.

3 Likes

I dunno - this is more Werner Herzog territory in my mind. It needs narration.

11 Likes

Ricky Gervais could probably pull it off.

It reads like a prospectus for a Seinfeld episode - Kramer wants the pepperoni, George brings it for him, then leaves the window open. Mayhem ensues and probably somebody gets dumped by a girlfriend in the process.

7 Likes

Somethings are a fowl with this story.

1. How wide did he need to open the window?
  2. Was in early spring beside the sea, how cold was it? (to preserve the pepperoni)
  3. If is was very cold, why open the window wide enough for pigeons or seagulls to fly in, the room would be cold as well
  4. Someone sell Fairmont Empress window screens or window opening inhibitors.
1 Like

unfortunately, yes.

1 Like

Oh this would be perfect for Herzog. The great thing is it would work both playing it straight or as a parody.

1 Like

Simon Peg

5 Likes

Seaguano…?

2 Likes

Hey, hometown.

We are famous for other things but, yeah, we do have some very pushy seagulls downtown. Getting sh@t on by one is still for some unknown reason considered “lucky” by some people. Having been hit twice, I assure that this is purely the observer’s opinion while they stifle a laugh.

3 Likes