After eating ghost peppers, this Danish boys choir sings a Christmas carol

Chiles are a good source of vitamins A and C, among other ingredients.

1 Like

Right… and you saw the episode of what happened to Homer Simpson when he ate the Guatamalan insanity chiles?

2 Likes

so, what happens when you get ghost pepper residue on instruments?

The 2nd definition here https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/voyeurism
is “Enjoyment from seeing the pain or distress of others.”

Funny how I worded my statement. “Typically”.

I didn’t need you to comment with aN additional definition I already knew.

Please next time add something of value to the conversation.

No. Children cannot legally consent. And children cannot objectively consent; they do not have the capacity to know what they are getting into. (Plus, they’re being cowed into it by an authority figure.)

Outrage continues.

Just what do you think is happening when a teacher “asks” a student to do this? Plus, its in front of all the other students, so not only is this creepy guy exploiting his position of authority, peer pressure kicks in also.

Children who are sexually molested can be equally convinced, initially. Give it up. This “experiment” was a terrible idea for children.

We’re talking at cross purposes here. I’m denying other people’s moral right to call him an asshole, you are responding by defending other people’s legal right to do so.

By the way, you’re not quoting section 267. You’re quoting section 266. That is about hate crimes. Section 267 is about insults (“Anyone who violates the honor of an enemy by insulting words or actions…”). (Retsinformation + google translate)

So they do have the legal right in America, but not in Denmark or Austria. I assert they do not have the moral right anywhere. If you want to have the legal discussion, I’ll be happy to join you in another thread.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the next rehearsal of the orchestra had to be canceled? Luckily, no such problem for the choir.

By the American definition of “legally consent” that might well be true. Not relevant here.
In Denmark, they can consent to sex at age 15, and I am sure there are many things that they are legally allowed to consent to before that.
But I’m also pretty sure that no one, not even the parents, is allowed to do that to their kids without their consent in Denmark.

No one ever knows exactly what they’re getting into, all you can do is judge the risk and the worst case. That’s why kids need adults to support them in case they misjudge. That’s why the adults prepared milk next door.

No evidence for any of them being “cowed”.

Rage on, then.

1 Like

Every time I grow chillies, all the aphids in a 5-mile radius say, ‘Hey! It’s chilli season at Wham towers again!’ and descend on my windowsills. I’ve given up, cos there’s just no point.

3 Likes

My friend and I used to order puerco chipotle for lunch (RIP, El Azteca) when we lived in Austin. It may have been the hottest food I had eaten, at the time (see above regarding Korean soup, which was later). We’d ask the wait staff to bring a pitcher of water and just leave it at the table. Well, the endorphins or whatever from the chipotle sauce kicked in right when we returned from work at lunch break: I happened to see another co-worker whom I never really liked; think of* a cross between Bill Clinton and David Puddy (from Seinfeld) dropped into the dumbest fraternity house in the state of Texas and you have an approximation of this guy. Anyway, I’m on this chili high and I see our doofus coworker, and I burst into uncontrollable laughter at the sight of this guy who was both dumber than, and capable of pissing off, a tree stump. I was laughing to the point of tears and it went on another good 10 minutes or so. My friend reminded me of the Guatemalan insanity pepper and told me, “you took too much, man” a la Fear and Loathing:

*Or… don’t.

1 Like

I’m in California, in the San Francisco Bay Area. Temperate summers, temperate winters. Our yard does get a lot of sun in the summer and it gets watered then but it’s really done well for itself. We do have some seeds in case you need them!

1 Like

Good to know :slight_smile: i’ll try to remember, so far i have 4 seedlings and i’m giving 2 to my mom. Hoping the two i keep survive, i’ll likely keep one on the balcony and one indoors

1 Like

There are plenty of different ways to ask.
Unless the teacher is actually cowing them, children that age do know how to say “no”.

Getting a group of kids to do something they really don’t want to do actually requires quite a skilled application of pedagogical arts (trust me, I know first hand). It doesn’t happen accidentally.

Those kids don’t look “cowed”. At the very worst, they were nudged into doing something they did not know the full consequences of, but they weren’t “cowed”.

And, we’ve got eyewitness testimony that they recovered quickly and considered the whole thing a fun experience.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.