After his coronavirus test, Rand Paul continued to work at U.S. Capitol for 6 days

You can get your’s free today! Go to www.myprivateownpapasan.biz / .org . /.us…

9 Likes

He passed the tests for the American Board of Ophthalmology in 1995? So he passed the certification prior to setting up his own certification board which was never accredited.

There is really no reason to think he wasn’t qualified to practice in that field. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

My favorite internet quote for today came from The Root. A commenter there observed that now Paul’s neighbor has to wear gloves and a mask when he comes over to kick Paul’s ass.

24 Likes

I suppose if I don’t ever win one, I can always go put one of these there, too -

8 Likes

This got second place…

27 Likes

I’m in no position to declare that he isn’t qualified to practice Ophthalmology, but he doesn’t currently seem to be licensed to do so by any recognized certifying body.

He’s kind of like a lawyer who lets his American Bar Association membership lapse and instead opts to make up his own certifying association. Is such a person still a “real lawyer?” I guess it depends on who you ask.

10 Likes

His willful negligence will probably also LIBERATE some people from all earthly burdens.

3 Likes

I read (I don’t remember where) that the gym and pool had been closed but that Senators continued to use both because they have keycard access and feel that normal rules don’t apply to them

And now here we are

14 Likes

Dude got the education, but his certification was phony. A phony board made of his buddies that has since gone defunct.

3 Likes

It wasn’t that long ago, the most annoying people were flat earthers and antivaxxers. In the best of times, the most dangerous thing they are capable of, is raising one’s blood pressure.

But now, only social distancing can keep anyone marginally safe from right wing Christian, “pray the covid away” types, and there’s just not enough room in the country to stay away from that.

3 Likes

23 Likes

Washington Post (November 8, 2013):

In the spring of 2010 stories first swirled around Sen. Rand Paul’s certification as an ophthalmologist by an outfit called the “National Ophthalmology Board,” an entity he founded. This week I discovered that while he continues to present himself as “board certified” the NOB has been out of business since 2011, and in any event, does not under Kentucky law permit him to advertise as “board certified.”

Yes, Paul Rand is a physician.

But he is not a scientist-physician, and he is certainly not a Médecin Sans Frontières.

He is a businessman who makes money in eye surgery. Because money.

9 Likes

Yes and no.

The tests he took to “earn” that title were not sanctioned by the state in which he practices nor the National Board of Opthamology.

Never-the-less, he uses the title Doctor in casual and professional correspondance.

He’s not an eye doctor, nor a doctor specializing in eyes, nor a doctor of any kind.

But thst hadn’t stopped him from lying. Or from asserting expertise by-proxy, as in his current case of medical malpractice.

1 Like

Hear here! I second this emotion.

6 Likes

“…and now you know the rest of the story.”

3 Likes

he “felt that it was highly unlikely” that he was sick.

Well, sure, that’s just basic Med School 101. What does it feel like?

7 Likes

Well, I certainly hope he attended as many private republican caucus meetings as possible, being sure to shake everyone’s hand, repeatedly. And had lots of one on ones with republican colleagues in small offices where he shook their hands, fondled their desk toys, and maybe even sneezed and coughed some.

Its unlikely that there might have some even more intimate contact, but one can hope…

4 Likes

Intimate, tRump style most likely.

1 Like

“Doctor Death”

2 Likes

Go to NYT.com [now] for tRump’s self congrats on doing “Be Best’est” POTUS ever during a national emergency.

P.S. bring a puke bag.

2 Likes