After Musk's Twitter poll showed users want him to resign, he's changing how Twitter polls work

Did you forget the /s tag? I legitimately can’t tell.
He owns the company and has access to all the back-end engineering, and user-data, but this was his best idea to “snare the bots?”

are you serious fox broadcast GIF by FOX TV

15 Likes
10 Likes

Ah yes, the best way to hunt for bots is to ask a yes/no question that countless humans would answer the same way you suspect bots might. Just like in Terminator, where if I recall correctly the good guys shoot anyone who claims to like dogs.

10 Likes

Does that line up with any level of consistency with anything else Elon’s ever done? No. He’s just a sychophant who literally has the ability to scream at millions of people at once.

5 Likes

I think the fact that this theory is running all over the Muskoverse shows that anyone who pushes it is…a bot!

clue turnaround GIF by Paramount Movies

13 Likes

Whenever someone posits that a narcissist like Musk or Trump is intentionally misleading the public to make everyone THINK they are far more foolish than they really are it tells me that a lot of people don’t understand how narcissism works.

15 Likes

Classic Elvis “I’m caught in a trap. I can’t walk out”.

4 Likes

What if…Musk isn’t a narcissist, he just talks and acts exactly like one every second of every day because it is the only way to keep his family’s souls safe from the jealous eye of Roko’s basilisk, which has gained power to rewrite its own past? Something to consider.

14 Likes

… what if people talked about the actual topic rather than changing the subject to something else they made up :thinking:

12 Likes

3 Likes

His estranged ex-wives and children? You might be on to something there…

3 Likes

In this scenario, did he just pretend to fire programmers and other key staff? Because if they were having difficulty doing it before, having less staff doesn’t make it easier.

2 Likes

Thanks for that lovely shot of Tim Curry :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Somehow I doubt that he’s ever going to hire a Price-Waterhouse type of company to audit the polling.

3 Likes

Too bad Arthur Andersen has ceased to be…

4 Likes

Sure Jan GIF

5 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

Those were all bots, too!

Tim Curry Even Smiling Makes My Face Ache GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

4 Likes

And you seem to have already fallen into his bad mindset. Why would he want to stamp out bots? Bots are not a negative part of twitter. Bots are used for both good and bad uses, waging a war against all bots is both dump and counter productive.

Should the NOAA be banned from twitter because it uses bots to manage the dozens of National Weather Service accounts for regional weather events? There are many similar services that use ‘bots’ to manage posting notifications across many social networks.

Bots have never been against the Twitter TOS, but many bots do violate other parts of the TOS. If Elon understood any of what he was buying he would have never argued against bots. Maybe malicious users, maybe false and misleading accounts, maybe some other actual problem on twitter.

7 Likes