After pneumonia, Clinton releases medical info. On Dr. Oz, Trump weighs in at 267 pounds

Gosh, yes, I mean she hasn’t been busy or anything.

18 Likes

I have a pair of those. they fold interestingly.

I’m pretty sure @Mindysan33 was replying to @Trenien.

1 Like

Extreme conditions? My kid had it in one lung during the summer. It’s an infection. They can be brought one of a million things.

19 Likes

I stand corrected.

2 Likes

Yah; “pneumonia” just means you have an inflammatory infection inside your lungs. It isn’t just one disease; there are many causes.

OTOH, functioning lungs are kinda important for survival, which is why we treat it as a serious disease. Given modern antibiotics and an otherwise healthy patient, it’s not that big a deal. Most of the death toll is amongst those without access to antibiotics (e.g. kids in the developing world) and the immunocompromised (e.g. the severely unwell elderly, HIV/cancer patients, etc).

8 Likes

You imply the official report is to be trusted to reveal everything that may be wrong with Clinton.

Really?

1 Like

I’ll take the experts’ word that the two of them are largely healthy, but I’m not sure about ‘fit to serve as president.’

7 Likes

My otherwise fairly healthy partner got walking pneumonia at the end of writing his dissertation in his early 30’s. Yes, I’m sure it was a result of working too hard and being under stress so sure it had a cause but it wasn’t a serious cause. He got some antibiotics, barely took off time at work and recovered just fine.

My grandmother had serious pneumonia when she was a 12 year old girl and it nearly killed her but there was no particular apparent cause, just a cold or flu that escalated.

Sometimes bacteria gets in your lungs.

20 Likes

I take it Occam has a full beard in your universe.

18 Likes

During the primary, they (as in, Clinton and her team) have systematically manipulated facts and outright lied to secure the nomination.

Why should it be any different now?

1 Like

I was hospitalized in an oxygen tent when I was 5 or 6. Serious stuff, but I was too young to understand. I kept trying to sneak out at night.

6 Likes

GOOD LORD it’s Trenien-universe Occam I have found him.

8 Likes

My wife just got over pneumonia, I had it years ago. It’s a surprisingly common development from a chest infection, and your conclusion is not even remotely justified.

17 Likes

Yes.
Really.
And when Trump releases his tax records, I’ll trust them, too.

11 Likes

Looks more like over acting to me.

An adult relative of mine had ‘walking pneumonia’. After a chest x-ray, they were told there was no need for treatment, and it would gradually clear up. It did.

5 Likes

It’s too bad that all the press coverage about these folks’ medical history wasn’t available in earlier times. 'Cuz then some other presidents would have been exposed as unfit for presidency.

You know the ones.

4 Likes

That whole plotline in The West Wing was one of the best “slow-burners” they ever did. (Um, sorry, spoilers I guess!)

4 Likes

Good lord! What has happened to Hillary’s hands?! She’s caught Tumpitis!

6 Likes