After second shutdown, Mitch McConnell "medically cleared" by his "neurology team" to return to "work"

Originally published at: After second shutdown, Mitch McConnell "medically cleared" by his "neurology team" to return to "work" | Boing Boing

8 Likes

His version of human OS is no longer supported.

12 Likes

Riiight. And Trump is 215 pounds.

15 Likes

Back to work making life worse for as many people as he can.

That being the case, die already!

9 Likes

In this context I think “medically cleared for work” just means he can go to work without the job posing an immediate risk to his health and safety. It doesn’t mean he’s fit to serve the American people.

22 Likes

McConnell was never fit to serve the American people, and if he fell into a coma would be no worse at it. So. :man_shrugging:

9 Likes

I’d say he be serving the American people much better if he was in a coma. At that point he’s no longer actively harming us.

11 Likes

It’s just sad and embarrassing at this point. He needs to step down. Kentucky’s (my state) far-right legislature recently changed the law that said the (currently Democratic) governor names an interim Congressional successor; now the (currently Republican) legislature has that privilege. He and the GOP have nothing to lose. There is no excuse.

5 Likes

It’s a ringing endorsement: He’s no more likely to veg out serving as Senate minority leader than sitting at home watching the moths in the bug zapper.

2 Likes

It doesn’t mean he’s fit to serve the American people.

Well hell, if we’re going to use that criteria, he hasn’t been fit to serve for :infinity:

1 Like

Hyper-lugubrious sci-fi: The floor of the Senate gradually becomes a critical care stasis coma ward with unelected corpse whisperers actually running the show. (“ok, Senator Claghorn actually flat-lined in 2025 but fortunately the heart monitor had a simulation mode.” “…but he’s starting to mold!” 'Senate at Bernie’s - part ∞")

7 Likes

Nikki Haley yesterday said the US Senate has become the most privileged nursing home in the country, and it might be the first time I’ve ever fully agreed with her.

19 Likes

Except she’d probably change her tune as soon as you start mentioning specific Republican geriatrics. “Oh, I only meant people like Dianne Feinstein and Bernie Sanders.”

10 Likes

Well maybe, but she said this yesterday specifically in response to McConnell’s latest freeze up.

4 Likes

If you need a neurology team, things are iffy.

7 Likes

… “Leader” is not a constitutional office

He is just “Senator McConnell” :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

12 Likes

Fresh tank of guzzolene and he’s good to go. But probably check for a clogged fuel filter or line.

Gas Station Animation GIF

1 Like

Numerous doctors, watching the video of McConnell freezing for 30 seconds: “He appears to be having a type of seizure.”
Monahan: “Occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery. Postpartum fatigue is quite common and gets better over time. Loss of time is a frequently reported phenomenon of those who claim to have been abducted by aliens…”

2 Likes