After Texas lifts mask mandate, 'I hate it here' trends on Twitter

Originally published at: After Texas lifts mask mandate, 'I hate it here' trends on Twitter | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Should Texans also be allowed to drive drunk to protect their freedoms?

Preventing me for shooting my gun randomly out the window of my pick-up is against my 2nd Amendment Rights!

4 Likes

I’d hate living in a state controlled by the Death Cult of Freedumb, too.

15 Likes

Yeah, now everybody is DYING to leave Texas!

My deepest apologies…

14 Likes

Ya know what really chaps my ass about this? They idolize the mythos of the cowboy, a character recognized primarily by their extensive PPE.

25 Likes

Texas is all hat no cattle, FACT!

15 Likes

just imagine how i feel actually living here.

my ancestors have been being born here since 1831 and dying here since 1844 (not the same one but his father) and i know the history of my family and my state to an extent that so many of the ones who pretend to lead us don’t. i have as much right to live here as those assholes who want nothing more than to ruin this place for the benefit of the wealthiest.

:anguished:

28 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve been living in Texas more than half my life. My wife and I have been having the “where’s next?” conversation off and on for years, but the recent utilities debacle gave that conversation some extra urgency.

I know that Abbot lifting all restrictions is his attempt to get back in the good graces of his voter base, but it still feels like evidence that the Texas government isn’t merely indifferent if I live or die (as I felt after the storm), it actively wants me to die.

23 Likes

Perhaps this will spur Texans on to bandana together and boot the bastards out.

15 Likes

I live in Texas but hail from New England which has a similar historical sentiment.
“IHTFP” acronymizes “I Hate This Place”. The ‘F’ is sometimes silent.

7 Likes

I’ve known that eventually i’ll leave Texas once the stars line up for me, i think it still won’t be for some time but honestly i have no idea where is next for me. This dumb decision to lift the covid precautions makes zero sense and i don’t plan to do anything social and keep wearing my mask for at least the rest of this year.

7 Likes

5 Likes

Man, I gotta say, applying the Wilhoit lens to every political decision and conversation:

Conservatism consists of exactly one proposition, to wit: There must be in-groups whom the law protects but does not bind, alongside out-groups whom the law binds but does not protect…

Is just so clarifying.

5 Likes

I am completely embarrassed to be a resident of this state.

1 Like

“F%&k this place, I’m moving to Florida!”

6 Likes

I spent my university years in Texas. There’s a lot to like about it. Great food, cheap booze, theatre and art in Houston, just about everything in Austin, this really strange (but compelling) football culture… But, yeah, I got out of there fast.

6 Likes

Predicting a nice uptick in confrontations between armed anti-maskers and the shopkeepers that won’t let them in.

4 Likes

Texas doesn’t even require helmets while riding motorcycles. Yet somehow it has more restrictive seatbelt laws than some other states.

3 Likes

Damn, dude, that’s deep

1 Like