After two bizarre incidents, George Santos names himself campaign treasurer

Originally published at: After two bizarre incidents, George Santos names himself campaign treasurer | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Is it legal for the candidate to be the treasurer?

9 Likes

Sure. The candidate is George Santos. The treasurer is Anthony Devolder. I hear Kitara is coming on as the new campaign manager.

10 Likes

The poor guy can’t even get imaginary people to stick with him.

11 Likes

“My intent is to operate above reproach.” George Santos

Thunderbird6 Laughing GIF - Thunderbird6 Laughing Lol - Discover & Share GIFs

7 Likes

In this case, is it legal for the candidate to be the candidate?

10 Likes

But surely he is telling the truth this time.

seems legit sam winchester GIF

5 Likes

It’s fine. George has a Ph.D. In Treasurering from Harvard!
Graduation Passing Out GIF by King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST)

5 Likes

the criminally-indicted pathological liar embraced by the GOP as one of their own

I’m sorry, I’ll need you to narrow that down for me.

11 Likes

Angela Lansbury Popcorn GIF

6 Likes

Nothing is changing: we don’t know if he’s real either.

4 Likes

He really is an interesting case. It seems to go beyond being a “compulsive liar.” It’s rather that for him, lying is why you talk.

4 Likes

And next week George Santos announces that he’s had to fire his treasurer, George Santos, because he was caught embezzling money from George Santos.

11 Likes

I am so tired of this creep taking up all the oxygen in the room. Please someone, just make him go away!

2 Likes

What I don’t understand is even if the House Republicans kick out George Santos for his numerous misrepresentations to the members of the House of Representatives and to his constituents in New York; The House Republicans would still have a majority in Congress.

Could it be that the 118th Republican majority Congress cannot admit they made a mistake?

Or could it be that the 118th Republican majority Congress does not want to expel their only openly gay member?

1 Like

If the Republicans hold Santos accountable, then they’re setting a precedent that could be applied to another “criminally-indicted pathological liar” seeking to regain higher office.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.