After watching this trailer for Tetris, I'm excited to watch the movie

1 Like

3 Likes

tetris-micro-blizz

“True” is doing a lot of heavy lifting here. I’m assuming this story will be Pajitnov’s version of events, but there are a lot of other versions. Basically the guy didn’t get as rich as he felt he should have during the life of the IP, but accounts vary enormously on why that is, depending who you ask. Some say incredibly stupid decisions were made by him, others say he was taken advantage of, and so on. Some say his company were huge dicks in how they worked with partners, others say they were just defending themselves as a David in a sea of Goliaths.

I don’t come down anywhere in particular on it all, except to say that whatever version of this “true” story you see should make you ask questions about who is telling it.

2 Likes

Based on the trailer, the film seems to be a very exaggerated version of what happened when Henk Rogers visited Moscow to get the console rights to Tetris at the same time that Kevin Maxwell, whose company Mirrorsoft held the European home computer rights, was also trying to negotiate exclusive rights to the game. (That’s the simple version.)

1 Like

I know someone who was working for Mirrorsoft at the time, so I expect this will be unwatchable for me. It’s probably going to be enjoyable for most people, but I know too much about what was going on with home computer Tetris.

3 Likes

Seeing Glasgow and Aberdeen passed off as Moscow might also make it unwatchable for you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.