Age differences in Disney couples

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/14/age-differences-in-disney-coup.html

3 Likes

I’m betting that WALL-E / EVE is the creepiest age differential. He’s over 700 years old and she looks like a newly unpackaged device straight from the Apple store.

43 Likes

I see the list includes Marvel as well, so the Thor / Jane Foster age difference is pretty dang significant too. Per a quote in Infinity War, he’s 1500 years old.

17 Likes

Sleeping Beauty was 116.

35 Likes

You know what would be nice is a link to the actual original image.

20 Likes

Most of those 16F-18M couples would probably fall under the “Romeo + Juliet” exception to age laws.

No one wants to arrest two kids that go to the same highschool because one turns 18 before prom their senior year. Jasmine/Aladdin is much more of a Sugar Mama situation.

12 Likes

How do we know how old these people are?

15 Likes

If we’re counting Pixar Shorts maybe the two volcanoes from Lava take the cake for biggest age difference?

14 Likes

In some cases, it comes directly from the movie, where a character references age. E.g., Rapunzel actually turns 18 during Tangled, and sings/exposits about it.

In other cases, it comes from supplementary material, e.g., Walt Disney saying Snow White’s age (though I’m not sure where Florian’s age comes from, because he certainly doesn’t look like he’s 30).

But, yeah, I want citations.

6 Likes

@beschizza – could you please share a link to the original image? It’s too itty bitty and fuzzy to read with it just embedded the way it is.

7 Likes

By “lots of statutory rape” you mean, “one single couple where a partner is underage”.
Oh, no, two. I missed Snow White at the top.

6 Likes

Can we get a link to a better resolution of the image? Looks like a potato and i can hardly read it.

2 Likes

But technically, isn’t EVE basically the same age as WALL-E? She was presumably built prior to the collapse of Earth civilization as well – she just had an easier “life” on board the ship prior to coming down to investigate the suitability of recolonization of Earth.

7 Likes

I count 6 where one of the pair is under 18.

2 Likes

America Is Not The World.

Age of consent here in the U.K. is sixteen.

15 Likes

I’m assuming these Disney worlds aren’t all set in the US… because for most of Europe 16 would be fine, and in many parts, lower again.

Edit - Beaten.

7 Likes

Oh, come on! Fictional ages for fictional characters = fictional chart.

5 Likes

I was going to say “Pumas, not Cougars” but urban dictionary says they’re both Lynxes

1 Like

Clearly someone has WAAAYYYYY too much time on their hands.

5 Likes

What’s sketchy about falling in love with a thief?

8 Likes