Aggressive snake slithers into police station and attacks man in the waiting room

Shouldn’t that be

I remember a few years back:

3 Likes

Can’t believe I overlooked that pun.
(Hangs head in shame.)

3 Likes

Weirdly, my dream home is one that’s infested with snakes.

3 Likes

Sounds like a business opportunity, except I don’t suppose I would earn much in Thailand.

Google maps shows five snake catchers in my part of Australia including “Snake Busters” and “Snake Ace”.

1 Like

Like “Roar” with snakes?

1 Like

Douglas Adams - Live in Göttingen 1994 - Komodo Via Melbourne
(From “Last Chance to See”)

“Don’t get bitten!”

1 Like

Sssssnitches getsssss stitches sssssnekbitesssss.

2 Likes

Far too long and slender for a Malayan pit viper, IMO.

1 Like

from the Wiki:

This species has a reputation for being bad-tempered and quick to strike. In northern Malaysia it is responsible for some 700 incidents of snakebite annually with a mortality rate of about 2 percent.

Huh. “Bad tempered” sounds right, but only 2% mortality rate, I’ll take those odds.

“Honey, fire up the grill, we’re eatin’ snake meat tonight!”

I mean those big ass wasps we see a lot here in the US don’t attack often either but i still don’t want one of those to sting me. Certainly do not want a pissed off snake coming at me, deadly or not.

1 Like

When I was a id, we brought a bull snake home to keep in an aquarium for a couple weeks. A couple days in, we were looking over the top, and he started doing his fake rattling thing with some dried leaves and hissing at us. My mom flipped out.

1 Like

4 Likes

Agreed. Certainly a snake known to the chap to be harmless, given that his reaction after recovering from his surprise was to capture and remove it rather than to get a safe distance away. Most likely a common Beauty Rat Snake, like my pet Vietnamese Blue Beauty shown here. (Not me or my image)

_

_

Nope. Far from it. Asian rat snake. Harmless and very beneficial to the humans living nearby/with it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.