Ahmed Mohamed and family will move to Qatar

Well, good luck to him. Sincerely hope he’s not jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire.

3 Likes

Of course, I’m sure that ardent segregationists said the same thing about Rosa Parks, because she indeed had a long history of activism - doesn’t mean she was wrong in what she did. But I’m inclined to dismiss them out of hand, because they are conspiracy-nuts, driven by fear of a brown, Muslim planet.

I guess I’m just unsure why you brought it up in the first place, if none of us are taking them seriously anyway.

6 Likes

Luckily, Texas is a pretty good place to practice living in a sandy, repressive, petrostate with strong religious influences.

39 Likes

Thread over.

11 Likes

What kind of country can’t even spell their own name correctly?

الجزيرة

[full disclosure: copy&paste :slight_smile: ]

2 Likes

You know, some folks on the internet also say the Sandy Hook massacre was staged. Folks on the internet say all kinds of things. Why, just the other day I heard the Moon landings were staged too.

10 Likes

Implying that the USA is essentially akin to middle eastern tyrannies is really quite insulting to people who live in those places and often are literally puttin their lives on the line WISHING they had the freedoms we (so obviously) take for granted here. It’s not even in the same realm. The USA has plenty of serious, deep-rooted problems. But let’s just say butching and moaning about DRM is most definitely a first world problem, relative to, say, women not being allowed to drive, children being married off at 12 years old, etc etc etc. Geez, have some freaking perspective, people.

16 Likes

no one would ever be held accountable.

Really? Accountable by whom? If you mean to a minority of people in the police and court system, then sure. But this disregards the larger issue of accountability to the general populace. You know - the people who actually run this place.

Well, they’ve got to be good at something, I suppose! This seems to be what they do best.

2 Likes

Wow, 31 comments in as I type this, and no one’s mentioned:

1. it’s Irving, Texas
  2. …with a population of over 200,000.

So it’s not exactly a “small” town (although the collective mentality of the French fries in charge there seems pinched enough to fit into such a place).

3 Likes

It’s all for naught if he’s put on a no fly list. I bet they check his luggage carefully.

Roger That!

7 Likes

Perfectly fine article until right here…

…but neither is the reality that their son came within inches of a long-term prison sentence or even a police execution for which no one would ever be held accountable.

COME ON, CORY!
You can make a solid point with out being hysterical, “inches”, really man?

4 Likes

Somebody set up us the bomb.

7 Likes

Well, as long as “folks are sayin’” then it must be true. At least, that’s how it works on Fox News.

6 Likes

That was the unproven speculation of one person on the Internet, so I suppose it must be true.

5 Likes

You might want to get the name of the city correct, before calling them stupid.

3 Likes

This was actually Irving, TX, not Irvine, which I hear is in Southern California.

Good for him and shame on Texas.

I’d be in favor of giving them back to Mexico except it would be mean to Mexico.