Ahmed Mohamed and family will move to Qatar

I actually find the cognitive dissonance sort of fascinating.

“He’s not smart at all… this was his evil-genius plan all along!”

Zero self-awareness.

ETA: For those unfamiliar with life in the Middle East. I’ve lived in countries similar to Qatar. My uncle lives there currently, last I checked. It’s not exactly a hellhole. Yeah, it definitely has issues, but it’s not like it’s run by the Taliban.

8 Likes

Folks are sayin’

“Folks” = Irving mayor and prominent Islamophobe Beth van Duyne and Glen Beck.

5 Likes

Yeah, but the full privileges of freedom in this country are for Whites Only. We’ve got Homan Square for the others, which would fit right in to some totalitarian regime. If you’re white, you’d be crazy to move to Qatar when you could stay here. But if you’re Arab, damn, I can see why you’d think twice about staying in Texas. If the police had shot that kid dead, you’d be a fool to bet that they’d ever go to trial, and everyone in that family knows it.

6 Likes

Not only that, folk on the internet also say if you put the batteries in his clock backwards, it plays Ace of Base music. So… terrorist and Nazi.

9 Likes

I’ve seen the sign.

3 Likes

Qatar - not so good on race or class methinks. But maybe if you’re a rich Arab you might be okay, I guess. Which I guess was your point http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-33019838

2 Likes

He really can’t.

5 Likes

Looking at what he did, which was disassemble a Micronta 63-756 (sold by Radio Shack) and open-face mount it, and listening to him talk about ‘inventing a clock’ , as well as hearing him say he has ‘soldered CPUs before’ , I have little belief that he has any technical skills beyond some basic terminology. I was disappointed to not see any real technical analysis from BB, just a repeat of the same mass media message. I’d say all ya’ll got fooled!

3 Likes

Troooooooll

3 Likes

Regardless of whether he assembled a clock, disassembled it, was put up to it by his father, or just wanted some attention at school, the racist, hate-filled, anti-muslim running commentary on FB is terribly disappointing.

3 Likes

3 Likes

awww shit now I want one of those and I have none… what do I have here… some apple juice is the unhealthiest thing I have…sigh

Like, what is wrong with Bibi? Seriously, he’s gone off the deep end this week, hasn’t he? I mean, he essentially blamed the Palestinians for the holocaust… I can’t even…

1 Like

Is this even in question at this point? Cory? The man that will call himself a journalist on one hand and brag about his columns in yellow journals, and then make up lies or repeat truths that he knew were disproven in order to push an agenda. The worst part is, I’d probably agree with him more often than not if he didn’t just make stuff up.

9 Likes

“poltiically shrewd” Spell-check Bro!

Typical.

Yep. My mistake I just took the spelling from the article as if it were right. ah well

My only complaint about this comment is that it implies Bibi’s been anywhere but off the deep end for ages. He’s got a little vacation house on a cul-de-sac just off the deep end. Been there for years, just sits on the porch in a fold out chair chain smoking with a rifle on his lap.

5 Likes

Tejas?

1 Like

Especially if you torture some of those folks first.

What I’m saying is, I think we should torture some of those folks to make what they’re saying extra true!