"AI" is going to help The Beatles release one final song

Originally published at: "AI" is going to help The Beatles release one final song | Boing Boing

1 Like

Why, do the last two millionaires need some more money?

4 Likes

Qotes in the wrong place, surely the title should have been…

AI is going to help “The Beatles” release one final song

2 Likes

the article says George Harrison didnt care for the song (that people are theorizing paul is releasing), but i do wonder if he recorded parts for it at the time the anthology came out and Free as a Bird was recorded. That would lend a bit more legitimacy to the project. Like if the main reason it was ditched was because the technology didn’t allow for the vocals to be sufficiently isolated to make a decent recording. Add to that, the idea that the song was written but not properly recorded while the Beatles were still together, I am curious to hear it… If all my assumptions are correct it would be more like a lost and completed Beatles track than just a modern Paul and Ringo experiment. I’m reminded a bit of how when they reissued the Beach Boys Smile, they found a recording of some 60s vocals in a rehearsal tape and with digital editing were able to finish the incomplete track (I believe it was the song I’m in Great Shape)

2 Likes

This topic is temporarily closed for at least 4 hours due to a large number of community flags.

This topic was automatically opened after 24 hours.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.