It's out: The Beatles' last song, "Now and Then"

Originally published at: It's out: The Beatles' last song, "Now and Then" | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Doesn’t really sound like the Beatles I remember. It does remind me of all the Jimi Hendrix music after he died. Cry of Love was pretty good, but it just worse after that.

Nice of John to leave space there for the instrumental break. :wink:

2 Likes

my local college DJ just played this a few minutes ago. underwhelming.

A bit overproduced, especially the strings. Not terrible, but it does sound like a John song that would have been cut from the Double Fantasy album.

1 Like

I knew there was a reason I don’t come to Boing Boing for music reviews. This song isn’t even interesting enough to be bad - it’s a boring half-song that John rightly decided not to record decades ago, and the additions from George, Paul, and Ringo do nothing to improve it. The only mildly interesting part about it is how AI was used to separate John’s vocals from the original track. If it wasn’t a “Beatles song” it would never have gotten any press, and it will be forgotten in a matter of weeks, if not days.

3 Likes

84pxu9

5 Likes

certainly sounds like something John recorded and never released

2 Likes

Almost every comment at this point has been negative.
As someone who grew up with the Beatles, I found it just as moving and affecting as Ruben Bolling did.

1 Like

Not paywalled:
https://archive.ph/f7qSf

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.