Akira to be re-released in high definition

Break out the spreadsheet of disappointed BB-ers.

In my opinion the best way to enjoy anime is with short running series. Like a 13 episode series or maybe a short season followed by an extended season ie: 25 to 26 episodes.
More than anything its about the anime staying fresh. I liked Bleach to start with, but after the first couple of seasons it was stuck in a power cycle. A new threat arises, the protagonist (I forget his name/can’t be bothered goggling it) discovers previously untapped powers, threat is overcome, reset for next arc.
When the anime starts rehashing the same basic story over and over its time to move on. Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing.

Green Lantern fan, huh?

If it’s already one of the best things I’ve ever seen, “hold up” is not an insult.

1 Like

I think we might need MongoDB for this one.

I watched this just now on your recommendation.
I fuckin’ loved it.

2 Likes

Parodying the Bicentennial Man: One is glad to be of service.

If you have time/opportunity try these cartoons too.

2 Likes

Tokyo Godfathers is pretty incredible

1 Like

It is! And it’s a perfect Christmas movie.

1 Like

Aggretsuko FTW.
agg2

Other anime is available, apparently…

Will do, thanks.

1 Like

I tend to like short run anime series because it makes blocking out time to watch it an easier sell and knowing its a self contained story that won’t be prolonged helps too. Recently i watched Megalobox, it’s 13 episodes and i loved it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.