Alaska dentist rode hoverboard while performing procedure, prosecutors say

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/06/alaska-dentist-rode-hoverboard.html

1 Like

It’s never a good sign when your attorney says “In my client’s defense, he is a fucking moron.”

27 Likes

OK. It was terrible, and he deserves whatever the trial brings him, but I’m kinda impressed by his agility and balance

7 Likes

I think the legal terminology is “Dude, you done fucked up.” Was this on a dare or something?

11 Likes

So he ain’t no Marty McFly.

4 Likes

13 Likes

No, it was done on a hoverboard.

18 Likes

I mean…who among us has not performed a tooth extraction while riding a hoverboard?

12 Likes

Not cool.

It sounds more like “totally radical”!

3 Likes

Steve Martin, Bill Murray

7 Likes

Many have done so, most without any dental tools or any patient other than themselves

8 Likes

hand-up-cumberbatch

5 Likes

Right? I was like, did he mess it up? No?

Then definitely reckless endangerment, but also impressive.

3 Likes

Wait, so either he extracted her tooth on a hoverboard and her son went there for a teeth cleaning, or he sedated her son for a teeth cleaning and then she decided to get her tooth extracted by the same guy. Was this the only dentist they knew?

1 Like

One of those small towns with the dental office, tanning salon and travel agency all in the same business.

3 Likes

It was Anchorage, where about a third of Alaska’s population lives

1 Like

I was just being a wise-ass. I agree with your questioning of the timeline. Although, now that I think of it wasn’t she shown the video of the hoverboard incident at a later date? Maybe she went in and had no idea yet what happened. Sent her son in and saw he was sedated unnecessarily. Then later was shown the video and asked if she authorized the use of the hoverboard during her procedure?

4 Likes

I had to look at the dateline to double check, because it could have been

1 Like

The only dentists I met while living in Alaska were there hiding from war crimes tribunals.

3 Likes

That’s not right. The ADA recommends hoverboard riding only for crown and braces placement. Extraction is best done on a tricycle.

7 Likes