Alaska lawmaker who fought about Alaska Airlines' mask rules is now banned from their flights (no others fly to Juneau)

Originally published at: Alaska lawmaker who fought about Alaska Airlines' mask rules is now banned from their flights (no others fly to Juneau) | Boing Boing

15 Likes

State capital of Alaska is Juneau…not DC.

Multiple references in the summary needs correction here.

35 Likes

“Reinbold scrambled on Sunday to get to Juneau via an arduous 14-plus-hour car ride, including a jaunt through Canada…”

She’d better follow all the rules while in Canada.

34 Likes

Might need more @Carla_Sinclair.

D.C. → Juneau throughout

9 Likes

Obligatory, “Christ, what a maskhole”.

25 Likes

The only route by car from Anchorage to Juneau goes though… CANADA.
I was hoping they would make her quarantine for 2 weeks but apparently they will allow you to drive through as long as you only stop for gas and pay at the pump.
Still going to be a PITA for her for the next 30 days though. boo hoo.

11 Likes

Yeah if she can make it from Anchorage to D.C. by car in 14 hours then I want to know what the hell she’s driving.

19 Likes

I think Juneau what they meant.

14 Likes

I know, right? That’s how I feel about pants..

13 Likes

I doubt this person wears a mask as she drives through Canada. I hope she doesn’t meet me, or most people I know.

11 Likes

For those that may not be from the U.S. a “State Senator,” is a member of the legislature of an individual state, not a member of the state delegation to the United States Senate. So yeah, she works in Juneau, not the District of Columbia. The fact that most of the population of tthe state of Alaska can’t drive to the capital without going through another country is a quaint historical curiosity. Periodically people propose moving the capital, but it hasn’t happened yet.

10 Likes

I thought she might be driving through BC to get to Washington state and then taking a flight to DC, but even then, 14 hours seemed unlikely/impossible.

3 Likes

One way or another, anti-maskers and anti-vaxxers better get ready for lots of travel inconvenience in the coming years. I’m sure that standing up for “Freedumb” will be worth it.

12 Likes

I suggest a good pair of walking shoes for Mothers day.

7 Likes

I’ve lived a good long while, but I will never understand why some people take such strength from being major assholes simply to make a nonsensical point.

Maybe it’s like they can’t smell their own farts?

16 Likes

You perfectly & precisely described 72 million Americans that voted for tRump.

13 Likes

Lora deserves some kind of honor from the Karens for showing that you don’t have to be named Karen to be a Karen. She also probably owes an apology to the Loras.

4 Likes

FTFY.

I suppose she probably considers her most important work to be yelling at airline employees in Portland.

10 Likes

Fun with anagrams,

“Alaska state senator” becomes

“Alas, Karen eat toast”

25 Likes

11 Likes