Alex Jones deletes video promoting 'Pizzagate' conspiracy theory

What sort of restaurant doesn’t have a basement? Sounds suspicious…

10 Likes

He’s trying to hide, now

9 Likes

I’m just glad we won’t be referring to him as Secretary.

6 Likes

DAMN YOU, AUTOCORRECT!

8 Likes
14 Likes

All this proves (errr. . . “proves”) is that the cops are in on it too!

7 Likes

The difference is that traditionally conspiracy theories were sparked by highly significant events that were usually traumatic (at least to one’s worldview) - wars, political upheavals, assassinations, landing men on a celestial body… the new ones are inspired by people ordering pizza.

That too. Conspiracy theories are the domain of the powerless, trying to figure out how the world works (and is hostile to them), so it tends to be anti-establishment. To not only have this kind of deranged thinking be made mainstream but held by members of the president’s own cabinet…

11 Likes

They will always view themselves as anti-establishment even when they have long since become the establishment.

6 Likes

Those pedophiles tunneled into the wrong basement yet again…

4 Likes

“The people in charge of this china shop shouldn’t be trusted with a dull butter knife!” shouted the manager as he ran through the store with a hammer, smashing plates with reckless abandon.

5 Likes

O_0 this one is still inspired by the political elite - a common target. They just happen to be doing their evil in “plain sight” where one would never suspect, vs an unmarked warehouse some where.

Unpleasant logorrheic

That is the nicest thing ever said about Jones, and a great turn of phrase to boot.

10 Likes

The mainstreaming of them is absolutely new and dangerous.

Do you not see that?

News agencies reported directly on pizzagate.

Do you think they did that for moon fakers?

11 Likes

They do crop up in higher levels of government from time to time, like when Idi Amin made televised proclamations about this crazy new book he’d just learned about called “The Protocols of the Elders of Zion.” Amin didn’t have access to nuclear weapons though.

7 Likes

Didn’t the only reason they reported on pizzagate was because a guy came in with a gun? Granted I don’t have a pulse everything on the main stream media, but I don’t recall anyone talking about it, I had never heard of it, until the guy went charging in there. And that is reporting on the guy charging in there.

As for moon fakers, in a good analogy, yes they reported on the time Buzz Aldrin punched a guy who said he was a liar and never walked on the moon. And they have had many, many different shows questioning landing on the Moon on places like the “History Channel”.

So no, I don’t see it mainstreaming. I see it as the fringe and pseudo news (which too, has always been there as well) gaining more viewership by people who think it is possibly real, vs someone buying the Enquirer for a laugh or Weekly World News.

2 Likes

I suspect they don’t give an elephant shit whether or not they are pro- or anti-establishment as long as they get money & power.

4 Likes

The ones at the top, yes. The rabble, not so much. They are driven along by the persecution myth.

2 Likes

Not mainstreaming? The country just elected the Birther.

The fucking country is going to be run by a conspiracy theorist.

25 Likes

I hope those maligned pizza restaurants soak Alex Jones for millions in a clearly airtight libel lawsuit.

5 Likes

I have never understood how the best American triumph can be considered fake. Would consider it unAmerican to say so. The USA did an awesome thing in landing on the moon, why would anyone consider it otherwise?

2 Likes