Alex Jones says he's ready to "gut his neighbors, skin them, and chop them up" for food

dont-infringe-upon-it-fool

14 Likes

Um, sorry but no. Actual lizards (squamata) ≠ scalies in furry fandom ≠ reptiliod conspiracy delusions.
(Formula commutative)

I realize you may not mean it this way, but when arguing against criticizing one of those operands on the suggestion that people can’t distinguish it from the other two operands, it derails from the topic, because context matters.

6 Likes

It is definitely not what I meant, it was a reply to Mindy’s post that is now deleted and it just doesn’t make sense without it. By saying “but without additional context it could be understood that way” I meant that something I said earlier could be understood as criticism of Mindy’s opinion, but I didn’t meant it that way, I just failed to phrase it correctly.
I don’t argue against criticizing conspiracy theories. In my opinion such conspiracy theories shouldn’t be used to criticize or insult political opponents (like comments about Stephen Miller earlier in this thread), because that spreads them further.

I know, and that’s why I half jokingly criticized politeruin’s use of this belief earlier in the thread. I wish people on the left wouldn’t use such harmful and delusional conspiracy theories to criticize political opponents, even jokingly because it spreads the belief further. Then I tried to explain and the tread got derailed - I’m sorry for that. I don’t claim that there’s any real prejudice here.

I feel bad for her and her kids but I just can’t get it out of my head that she married him and they fucked.

JampackedWealthyGuanaco-size_restricted

5 Likes

I think he’s been “ready” for a while…

3 Likes

To quote myself in a previous thread on this…

I’m trying to alleviate a bit of tension in myself because to see these individuals have such a following, particularly during the current crisis, has not been great for my mental well being of late and then to hear a close relative quoting him as if he’s speaking some hidden truth the mainstream media don’t want us to hear has been… challenging to say the least.

9 Likes

It’s not fun, to put it mildly. Conspiracy theorists have very much become a vector for fascism and authoritariansim, which is incredibly frightening.

This kind of thing can be bad for our mental health, especially in our current crisis. It’s hard, but try and take care of yourself. Take a break from social media (or any news media) if you can.

8 Likes

Thank you. I’m not a twitter or facebook user but taking a break from the daily news is certainly good advice.

9 Likes

I think it’s probably becoming a necessity. It’s important to stay informed, but as many of us are at home, in some cases alone, more, we got to take some breaks for our mental well being.

8 Likes

Thirded. And yeah, it’s certainly becoming a necessity for me. Even here where the community tends to be better than on other social media, there are some topics I have to skip and come back to a few days later or in some cases not at all.

9 Likes

If Jones lived near me I’d be happy to duel too tbh, fuck that guy.

I met someone once who knew him when he was public access. He’s always been an insufferable asshole.

1 Like

I have found NPR’s podcasts useful.

NPR politics are milquetoast liberals but they deliver the facts. The daily news podcast gives you the basics. Shortwave has good science.

Queuing up a few podcasts instead of endlessly browsing (or endlessly listening on NPR one) helped me a lot mentally maybe it’ll help others to try

Meanwhile been getting into true crime and binge watching stuff like the wire

1 Like

I’m enraged by the news so often now that I don’t recognize myself when I’m not enraged.

I find myself avoiding topics here, or leaning hard on absurdism (cf. comments above) because when I don’t I want to cry.

16 Likes

feel-ya

13 Likes

17 Likes

Also the type to complain about every delivery received in order to get it for free.

4 Likes

If anything that bears even a hint of the scent of foul play happens to any of his neighbors, Jones’s house (or bunker? He seems like the kind of asshole who would live in a bunker.) should be the first stop the police visit during the investigation of what happened. Showing the judge this video should get them a warrant immediately.

4 Likes

He apparently lives in a gated community in a million-dollar mcmansion with a pool in the backyard.

4 Likes

6 Likes

Silurians and Sea Devils have found the association with Icke very insulting

(Can’t help it, they are my favorite “monsters” of the Pertwee era)

5 Likes