Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez quotes Rorschach from Watchmen

Since when was Joe Lieberman a democrat?

4 Likes

Since when was Joe Lieberman not an asshole?

7 Likes

RIP:

3 Likes

Oh. I was just making a dumbass rhyming joke.
Guess I’m the dumbass. Sorry.

1 Like

senor

8 Likes

Don’t be so hard on yourself.

He’s been gone a long time now; 2003.

3 Likes

I’d say it’s more realistic than pessimistic. How many politicians have started off full of energy and passion like AOC, yet been worn down eventually (or simply left the profession) through having to grind away inside an archaic, broken system? Too many to count. How many have remained firebrands and made any kind of noticeable difference? That’s a pretty damn small list. And it applies double to the US.

I hope beyond hope she does well. Might give the rest of he world hope for American politics. Won’t be surprised at all if it doesn’t happen though.

2 Likes

Color me:

3 Likes

And some keep on keeping on causing good trouble.

There’s precedent both ways.

5 Likes

Since when has anyone that should be taken seriously even put themselves in the same sentence as anyone from Fox News?

Since when has anyone who was decent ever shown up on Fox News?

This man is a fossil and an ignorant one at that. Step into the grave you spineless asshole. Your generation failed to stop people like Trump. You never grew a spine, and now it’s people of her generation that have to fix your spinelessness.

Get a goddamn clue and just shut the hell up.

I think that perhaps your parents stayed where they were, and the Republican party crept, than leapt ever rightwards.

I know that, you know that, and I’m certain that she knows that, but if she publicly admits it then she’ll have to deal with a large scale Brexiter rebellion. The last thing we need is having someone like Boris or Rees-Mogg as prime minister at the end of March (or ever).

It’s things like Brexit and Trump that remind me why I rarely drink alcohol. I’m not an alcoholic, but I can see how I could become one dealing with these external stresses in life.

1 Like

possible. my dad was a supporter of unions and labor rights his whole life, mainly because his father was a proud member of the brotherhood of train engineers.

still, despite his moderation, obama was still to the left of nixon.

3 Likes

Your granny must have got that one from her staff.

I say this with sober consideration and after deep reflection

3 Likes

" The most powerful weapon on earth is the human soul on fire." - Ferdinand Foch

https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/ferdinand_foch

Well there’s a brutally obvious fact that I can’t believe I never synthesized myself.

4 Likes

Thank whatever higher powers that be for SC Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg, for Congressman John Lewis, for Senator Bernie Sanders, for Congresswoman Maxine Waters, and for every ‘old relic’ septuagenarian/octogenarian badass out there who is still fighting like hell for what’s right.

5 Likes

Liked for Flaco.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.