All Cops Are Buttheads

1 Like

Did police refuse to investigate a serial rapist? Inside the case rocking a Tennessee city

A manhunt continues for an escaped inmate accused of sexually assaulting dozens of women. His victims say Johnson City police let him get away with his alleged crimes for years.

Cops enabling/committing crimes for years seems to be a widespread problem:

4 Likes

Stillwater Police said they had gotten word Wednesday afternoon from Lincoln County Officials of Lewis Bearden III being inside the home. Police said that he had felony arrest warrants for burglary and robbery and that they had information he would be there.

“He wasn’t there and I told them several times that he wasn’t,” said Fent. “I kept begging them to use my keys and get inside if needed, but they didn’t listen or believe me. Now I’m left without a home.”

Fent told KFOR that she had dated Bearden but they had broken up over a month ago.

“I am living paycheck to paycheck trying to afford food for my girls,” said Fent. “I got an eviction notice earlier today and management told me that I would be the one to have to pay for the damages.”

[…]

The damage is extensive throughout the home and on the outside. Several windows were broken, the door had been ripped off, the children’s beds had been broken into wooden pieces, clothes were thrown around, damage all over the walls, a TV busted, and more.

1 Like

Apparently, protesters were also wearing body armor. /s

2 Likes
2 Likes

Also, several voices from the Stop Cop City movement including Belkis Teran…

2 Likes

There are three levels of shitty journalism covering this story.

The least bad are the ones noting arrests and saying the protest “turned violent.” You know, like the way bullets magically puncture people completely on their own.

The moderately bad say that protesters “turned violent” without clarifying that it’s the police that were violent and some protesters failed to politely receive punches.

The worst, like the above, call the protesters “pro-Palestinian” or, leave it to Faux News, “Pro-Hamas.”

Considering many of the protesters are from the Jewish American group Jewish Voice For Peace, that’s a horrible shit take. These protesters were protesting for a cease fire, not remotely pro-Hamas.

4 Likes

from

10 Likes

The possibility of consequences is encouraging, but the probability has yet to be seen. Better than it has been, and actually having prosecutions for Failure to Intervene is a very hopeful thing.

6 Likes

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Ramsey County District Court in St. Paul, says once the investigation into a deadly force incident is completed and a prosecutor decides not to charge the officers, the data legally should be turned over to the families of the deceased within 10 days of them requesting it.

Families are still waiting, months and years later…

Not only would getting the files help provide some closure, but the long delays make it hard for families to file wrongful death lawsuits within the state’s three-year statute of limitations

7 Likes
5 Likes
1 Like

Joel Mchale Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

2 Likes