All Cops Are Buttheads

1 Like

… from a few years ago

1 Like

… I went looking for joke memes about defunded cops reduced to panhandling on the street but instead found lots of articles like this

1 Like

I did discover this place in the article, though…

2 Likes

https://bsky.app/profile/jayeallisonashtear.bsky.social/post/3kfsr4wx3ic2c

It’s a comment about this article…

7 Likes

Pushed by a cop horse.
Yesterday at Helsinki Without Nazis.
Video:
https://nitter.net/joelindqv/status/1732442665629753396#m

Cops in leadership positions committing crimes…

Sad fact is, you probably can’t have Helsinki without nazis until you get rid of the police too.

2 Likes

Washington, 24, said he was on his way to pick up his brother on Dec. 2 when his tire “had a real bad blowout.” He said he was on the ground changing the tire when an officer approached him and demanded that he show her his ID.

Ah, “changing a tire while Black…”

According to the Pickens County Sheriff’s Office booking records, Washington was arrested on five charges: obstructing governmental operations, resisting arrest, marijuana possession, drug trafficking and ex-felon in possession of a firearm. According to court documents, “ex-felon in possession of a firearm” is not listed.

Except:

1. He is not a felon. (But he is Black, so I guess that’s close enough?)
  2. Permitless carry is legal in AL. (For white people, anyway.)
  3. There were no drugs found on him. (But again, he is Black…)
  4. Resisting arrest? In what way?
  5. Obstructing government operations?

Fortunately, there is a video of this. How many of these happen without that?

1 Like

More examples from the criminal injustice system:

“Brian, a college athlete who was studying to be a police officer

…winds up having to get help solving his own case while incarcerated.
:woman_facepalming:t4:

3 Likes

According to Nakala Murry, Capers yelled into the home and ordered anyone inside to come out with their hands up, Moore said. He said Aderrien Murry walked into the living room with nothing in his hands, and Capers shot him in the chest.

So, complying with officer’s orders while Black? Oh, and 11. Let’s not leave that out.
God, what is our issue!!!??

1 Like

6 Likes
1 Like

Update: The attorney for Bar:PM says bystander video contradicts the police account.

Well, there’s a shock. Only question in my mind is, was this a distracted driver asshole driver or an LGBTQ-phobic asshole driver? Or maybe both? Whether targeted or not, expecting a calm and compliant response to a perceived attack of this sort is nuts. And held without bond? I am shaking my head.

8 Likes

Video works on Nitter:
https://nitter.net/javadesq/status/1737152152991051783

5 Likes

This kind of thing will just keep happening unless the penalty for cops lying and planting evidence is that they serve as many years in prison as the person they are charging would have if convicted.

Charge someone with assaulting an officer based on lies? Serve the 5 years (or whatever the max sentence is) in their stead. Plant evidence of felony narcotics? Enjoy your decade in prison.

7 Likes

I like that as a start. Double or triple the sentence since it’s someone in a position of power.

6 Likes

Even better, make this policy clear during recruitment and training. Anyone who bails is someone who shouldn’t be given that power. We have lots of examples above that prove how much these lies cost victims, municipalities, and the courts.

5 Likes
1 Like
1 Like