All female Ghostbusters cast

haha no way. that’s yer kin?

I fell out of love in The Wastelands and only reluctantly forced myself to finish Wizard and Glass.

Given that, I still think The Gunslinger is tight enough to be cinematic and stand on it’s own.

1 Like

I really enjoy Days of Thunder, even if it is crap.

Man on Fire, I’d say is one of his genuinely good films, like Enemy of the State. Not sure I’d put it at the True Romance level. Better than Crimson Tide or Unstoppable, much better than Domino.

Man, why did Denzel Washington work with him so much?

Note to self: finally get around to Deja Vu.

1 Like

Way. They did a lot with what they had to work with. Honestly, a miniseries is the best way to approach that story, but the ending is going to hobble whoever takes it on.

Oh, yeah, I agree. It’d be nice if it had a tad more resolution, but it’s a great book, especially since he was all of, what, nineteen when he wrote it?

Yeah, my half-brother (same mother) is Mick Garris. He did a bunch of King adaptations, including both the Stand and Shining miniseries. I worked on the latter as a PA.

4 Likes

Personal Assistant?
Public Address?

Production Assistant. What they used to call a “Gofer” about sixty years ago.

1 Like

yea i was more in disbelief that he’s yer kin than a rib at The Stand. I remember being excited as heck for seeing it put on screen, even though it turned out less memorable than IT(1).

I’m still not used to this idea that the Internet allows us to connect with famous and famish people that I often forget that I’m talking among the people who made the works I’m talking about. Not sure I will ever get used to it.

(1) But then again, IT’s got a whole lot better emotion and horror going for it.

That’s what we had the first time! A regular mixed group of people. By Hollywood standards.

What’s wrong with having a Ghostbuster’s where everybody is in wheelchairs or midgets or from Cleveland? How is that bad?

Can’t we just have something different?

2 Likes

Joe. My. God.

This is going to be a terrible fight if we get everyone in the room to work on a script. That’s genuinely good? It’s fun and Hackman is having a good time, but goes on a little longer than it needs to. I liked Sneakers better. Crimson Tide was years beyond this. And Domino we just don’t speak of.

Sneakers? That wasn’t Scott, was it?

I have to retrospectively dislike that (even though I don’t) just because Ben Kingsley (yeah, that’s right, I didn’t call him Sir Ben) is such an insufferable tosser.

My only suggestion was that a Peck type character, a chaos inducing agent could have a similar effect through negligence rather than misplaced malice.

I agree with you concerning reboots but it is a reboot. I didn’t create the bloody thing.

Just yesterday talking to a friend about James Joyce I said that if Benedict Cumberbatch played him in a movie one of my nieces would be reading Finnegan’s Wake right now. And then I realized that’s not a bad idea.

3 Likes

So far your taste is looking fairly unimpeachable. Sneakers and Crimson Tide were, indeed, better. (At least, I think Crimson Tide was better. Retroactive ProTip for twentieth-century audiences: don’t watch submarine movies at the drive-in. They’re deucedly hard to see over the glare from the In-N-Out Burger next door.)

I didn’t bother with Domino, but I enjoyed the hell out of Enemy of the State, though I think it hits waaaayy too close to home to be exactly fun anymore.

I actually liked IT better as a book than The Stand. I liked 'em both, but IT seemed to be taking actual pages out of my childhood, from the dirt-clod fights to the underground forts to the stream-damming to the bully-dodging to the crushes and the playing cards in the spokes. I remember enjoying the miniseries of IT somewhat, but also being disappointed by it. Can’t remember why; haven’t seen it since the initial broadcast.

1 Like

No, but it’s really the same movie where a guy abuses his powers to hack apart anything to chase the bad guy. Also Eagle Eye, but we don’t talk about that.

God damn! I can still see some of scenarios in my head. The one where he kills the whole village of religious nutters who attack him at the behest of their priest. The quicksilver fingers doing their reloading trick.

One of the better time travel films around. The concurrent time streams work well IMO.

Another reason I totally misjudged the potential of one Shia LaBeouf. Recent developments have proven my initial judgement to have been… hasty.

I’m the only straight shooter on your writing team. Total upper management potential.

2 Likes

Oh, I think we all thought he has potential, the problem is that he keeps wasting it.

After Transformerers, Indiana Jones, Eagle Eye and Wall Street, I must admit, I did not have the perspicacity of vision to see through the mud.

But his recent fling with anti-celebrity and his role in Fury have really impressed me. He seems like a different person given the framing he’s created. A little bit of genius re-branding.

I bet you’re all la de daa and think The Conversation is just sooo much better, or something. :wink:

i think i was just trying to say, why does it have to be ALL anything?

sure it could be all women, or all midgets from cleveland, or people in wheelchairs, or all whatever, but it is more realistic if it is an assortment/variety of different people, and there is more opportunity to advance the storyline when each character is more unique. I think it would be a more enjoyable movie. also it doesn’t sit well with me that they are billing this as “all women” as in, look we flipped the script, and they built the entire concept around that idea. it just seems forced to me…that’s all really.