All hail Lumio

[Read the post]

What!? No affiliate link!

DISAPPOINTED!!!

1 Like

A Museum of Modern Art (MOMA) creation - $220 via Amazon, but;
search Amazon for Lumio and there are a couple of ~$50 versions!

Agreed, it’s such a chore to do my own shopping searches…

Perfect for the person who doesn’t have enough stuff.

3 Likes

Wait. Who actually falls into that category?

Michael, you needed to know that it’s not the links that give away your shill posts, it’s the ridiculously effusive praise for what is really just overpriced nonsense.

Inspiring? Really? I feel like we are being ultra trolled here. Is this some sort of performance art thing?

11 Likes

I love that stuff. So much better than the old “cake mod” posts, a nadir in BB posting history.

I never knew you were a numerologist!

I don’t know if the Lumio was the one that was Kickstarted or not. I think it was, i was seriously tempted to buy it back in the day and the product looks great. However i don’t think i would’ve ended up using it, lighting is hardly ever an issue for me and i wonder how handy this would actually be. But if someone wants to buy one for me i don’t think i’d be disappointed.

1 Like

2 Likes

I feel like there was a recent thread where owners discussed their actual thoughts of the product after a year or so… OH, HERE IT IS.

Let me know what you think of its stylish cool way when the spine goes on you, but in the end I prefer a lamp that I don’t have to find a place to hang just so I can read my book.

2 Likes

All hail Lumio (the lamp, not the phone)

What the heck is a Lumio phone? You thinking Lumia?

1 Like

If you want a stylish lamp that turns on in a cool way, that you can carry around in your backpack and disguises itself as a book when not in use, WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU, SERIOUSLY?

Edit: I suppose I could just take this as another cute/weird thing and ignore the long review. Maybe I need more coffee this morning.

4 Likes

also, from the photos it doesn’t even look bright…

One important piece of information: e.g. how bright is the light given off by the lumio, how many lumens / candelas / is-it-equivalent-to-a-40W-lightbulb … this is missing from the description. !?!

1 Like

It has to be sarcasm. I read the post again, and there’s no way he thinks he’s helping sell the product. But next time I’m looking for a lamp that looks like a book to carry around with me, I’ll bear this thing in mind. Which will be never.

2 Likes

I’d say it’s around a 40 watt incandescent with a shade around it. There’s no direct light so it’s more ambient than useful.

It’s an interesting conversation piece or art piece, but I’ve never considered it useful to read by.

1 Like

And the article that this thread links to appears to have up and disappeared since it was posted yesterday.

ALL HAIL 404!

1 Like

This post was finally over-the-top enough that I decided it was worth knowing who Boing Boing’s new writer was:

3 Likes