All hell breaks loose as a buck trashes a salon

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/06/all-hell-breaks-loose-as-a-buc.html

10 Likes

All he wanted was frosted tips…

33 Likes

All hell breaks loose?

Yup, that’s the very definition.

10 Likes

When you feel you need to rectify the fact that “Yelp doesn’t let me leave less than a 1 star review!”

3 Likes

All elk breaks moose?

28 Likes

Oh deer. It kinda looks like the animal is passing the Buck, but you must admit he has some good points.

Something something “Nice Rack”

15 Likes

Frankly, the deer’s attempt at political metaphor is a little too on-the-nose for my taste.

11 Likes

Thank goodness no one was hurt!

Except, you know, the deer (who got cut up)*. Hopefully not too badly, though…

*Edit: And presumably also the woman who got run over by the deer, since she reportedly ended up in the hospital. (Though that may have been for shock more than anything…)

11 Likes

All he wanted was frosted tips…

kermit the frog skwoonch face

14 Likes

I propose we henceforth replace the phrase “bull in a china shop” with the much more relevant “buck in a hair salon.”

19 Likes

Of course he had to leave - he didn’t have an appointment. And to make an appointment, he needed to download the app, giving his name, address, phone, credit card, and email.

Deer ain’t got no time for that.

13 Likes

Misread headline as ‘Buck trashes saloon’ Sadly disappointed.

5 Likes

The buck stops here.

5 Likes

IIRC the mayor (or the sheriff?) in Twin Peaks had a sign in his office saying “The buck stopped here”.

4 Likes

Buck, “These prices are too dear for me!”

8 Likes

New Goat Simulator mod?

5 Likes

Apparently now is rutting season for some species of deer.

Given that the buck ran into the shop at an angle based on the video, I am guessing that he saw his reflection in the window of the store next door. He put his head down in a dominance position, then seeing his “opponent” do the same, he charged.

Why at an angle? Well, ask your local male human about the crazy thing he has done due to testosterone poisoning.

4 Likes

8 Likes

I would be somewhat surprised if that was the case - it looks like the deer was dodging traffic immediately before crashing into the window. It ended up lost in an urban area, terrified by cars - I wouldn’t think it would be much in the mood to smack heads with any perceived rivals, even if it hadn’t been running for its life.

4 Likes

People usually worry about the antlers, but deer can slice you up quite nicely with their hooves. It’s hard to see in the video, but I was a bit worried that she may have gotten hit with a hoof as that buck smashed it’s way across the couch.

5 Likes