Watch: A panicked deer is found inside a church on Michigan's 1st day of hunting season

Originally published at: Watch: A panicked deer is found inside a church on Michigan's 1st day of hunting season | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Sanctuary!!!

39 Likes

sanctuary

12 Likes

Given American evangelicals infatuation with guns, that might not be the best place to be.

12 Likes

Obviously, once he saw what they did to the man nailed to the wall, he was extra worried about what they’d do to him!

26 Likes

“Where is Eusthathias? We have some unfinished business…”

4 Likes

Holy deer in the headlights Bat-Person.

3 Likes

Now I learned that deer, unlike horses, can go down stairs. There have been incidents where people rode horse up a stair and realized it was very hard to get it down again.

5 Likes

Oh, that’s why there are so many horses in the basement of the Alamo.

8 Likes

The lack of profanity is how you know this happened in a church.

9 Likes

Translation for BB’ers: “WTF! WFT! WTF is happening!?”

You’re welcome.

14 Likes

Apparently, the startled yelling and clapping didn’t have the calming effect the church members were going for.

1 Like

Not so much can’t but ‘will try to very hard to avoid as it’s difficult’. Cows have a similar issue with it. So it really is interesting that this deer just goes for it.

Nah, it’s an indication of Midwestern upbringing.

8 Likes

Thankyou. This is why I came here.

2 Likes

Dang, beat me to it!

2 Likes

Saw a lot of this sort of thing back when I was a kid. On Saturday morning cartoons. Outdoor cams prolly show this guy wandering around…
confused elmer fudd GIF by Looney Tunes

4 Likes

He realized he needed to go to a Catholic church in order to ask for sanctuary.

It’s that god of yours pranking you, lady.
Mysterious Ways, & all that…

If I ran the church I would welcome it in, let it calm down and maybe give it something to eat.

Could be that I am not suited to running a church.

3 Likes

If it stayed long enough it could participate in a slightly unconventional nativity scene.

3 Likes