All of Trump's boasting about being a tax expert juxtaposed with playing stupid in new video

Originally published at: All of Trump's boasting about being a tax expert juxtaposed with playing stupid in new video | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Grifters gonna grift. And marks as stupid and gullible as Biff’s don’t care about contradictions and inconsistencies, assuming they know about them at all .

32 Likes

“Words only mean precisely what I want them to mean at the moment I utter them. After that, they can mean anything else. Everybody knows that!”

25 Likes

I’m sure neither of those answers is completely true. He is no expert-- he’s not an expert on anything-- he just hires experts to clean up his messes. But at the same time he would be well aware they use chicanery and slimy tactics to cheat the tax man, and they probably let him know some of what they do.

7 Likes

For these messes, the old bigot chooses the “little short guys who wear yarmulkes” as his fall guys.

22 Likes

According to every insider account, he has a direct hand in everything and initiates most/all of the frauds. I reject the notion that he is some sort of genius or even “smart” in the conventional sense, but he has an utterly narcissistic view of his own capacities as well as a peanut brittle empire that is constantly in need of patching. He has little to no liquidity and it is all debt-based and temporal (ie shifting column a to column b; the columns being various lenders who are still suckers enough to entertain his grift or think they’ll get a slice). All this to say that he, above anyone else, knows where all of the bodies are buried and is clutching the tiller with a death grip.

20 Likes

… I’ve been saying for years that he’s a lying, narcissistic con-artist and a borderline sociopath.

(after seeing the mess he made in the past four years and especially since late 2019, I’ve dropped the ‘borderline’ from it.)

9 Likes

And genuinely stupid. Because he has an aptitude for grift and a schoolyard bully’s level of charisma does not mean he’s any more than the some of those traits.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Qrack is wack!

13 Likes

I just hope there is some document with checkmarks and corrections in a fat black Sharpie, giving a final sign-off to the frauds. Because then we’ll hear the defense that “everybody” uses fat black Sharpies on legal documents.

4 Likes

Remember, it was taxes that brought down Capone

8 Likes

The absolute BEST part of the failed blogger’s recent “lawsuit” against big tech?

15 Likes

I knew how to use the tax code to rebuild my company when others didn’t have a clue.

Yeah, using tax loopholes to get the government to pay for your own fiscal mismanagement.

7 Likes

That, and syphilis. We can but hope that history repeats itself. :mantelpiece_clock:

4 Likes

“playing stupid.”

Right. Just playing. I mean, it’s not like Mass-Murdering Traitor Trump has spent his entire life so rich that he can pay people to think for him, correct his mistakes, take his entrance exams, and tell him he’s some kind of a genius.

Oh. Wait.

6 Likes

I once read something saying that very stupid criminals tended to be paranoid about their associates. Being stupid, they thought that they were very clever and nobody would catch them when really they were leaving an obvious trail of evidence. When they were inevitably caught, they believed that someone must have ratted on them because they were very smart and never left any evidence.

12 Likes

Part of me has missed Donald Jr.
He’s such a complete wretch. It’s as if he can’t even utter a single word without betraying how much inner pain he is in. A pain I am sure he has no concept of himself, he probably thinks that his level of utter misery is how everybody feels.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.