All-you-can eat restaurant shuts down after customers ate all they could

It may be that there are still some benighted BB-ers who are unfamiliar with the Handsome Family,

I do remember relying heavily on the structural properties of beams of celery, back when ‘The Loft’ was the all-you-can-eat salad bar in that particular university town. There was the downside that the pyramid needed to be dismantled in the same order that it was erected, so you couldn’t bite into the pasta salad or the pickled beetroot on whim, they had to wait their turn.

The same establishment also offered a Bottomless Coffee Cup. The title of Iron-Bladder was hotly contested among the cognoscenti.

5 Likes

Warn the palate of 1000 men to kill sales and tips from 10, is the moral by way of …that series with Kaname as the main character?

would aim for Apple’s model of
disgusting hipsters’ critical-ephemeral tastes. There, fixed. Looking forward to your review of Apple’s iMcPiPsiPhiAchronix, the device that will re-ruin humankind’s relationship with tabletops.

2 Likes

There is a Korean BBQ place in Fremont (California) that is all you can eat, but charges you if you leave a partial plate.

1 Like

In Singapore, they actually will weigh your leftovers and charge accordingly…

2 Likes

When I was 17 my mom wanted to go to Olive Garden for an All-You-Can-Eat special. I asked her, “What are they going to think when they see ME?” I am a person of inherited gigantism, and at the time was 7’4" and weighed a little over 300 pounds, and (of course) had a voracious appetite. Mom said it doesn’t matter what they think, I’m a customer like anyone else, and to just go ahead and ask for a couple extra plates/servings. I don’t know if management was worried that I’d eat them out of spaghetti. I stopped after four plates, but only because I didn’t want to press my luck. :smirk: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

More like, Chinese eaters. Consider the Great Chinese Famine of the late 50s:

It was bad enough that “many sought alternative food sources like grass, sawdust, leather, even seeds sifted from animal manure. In Sichuan thousands of peasants were forced to eat soil.” USAnians don’t have a comporable history with famine, so the culture is different.

1 Like

Came for Simpsons reference. Adding to it.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Db0ZcTKW4AA-5HF.jpg:large

4 Likes

At least he did not offer a wafer thin mint!

(I just can’t make myself post the video of this, it’s too gross.)

7 Likes

The groupon business model. I still can’t believe businesses think that is a good demographic.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.