Amazon Prime day just started but the only thing worth buying so far is this giant bag of penis-shaped candy

I got a monoprice mini V1 3D printer for 180 USD (which is phenomenal in Canada). Also got a Nest thermostat for 180 USD (which is pretty good for Canada, too). Sucks that I could only get one though, since we need two.

So all in all, I saved over 100 bucks on stuff I was going to buy anyway.

I hope I didn’t miss the deal on the penis candy though. BRB.

2 Likes

My mother still watches the national news (you know - ABC News, with an anchor and everything), which I occasionally can’t avoid overhearing. This evening, and yesterday evening…Amazon Prime Day was a story.

An online retailer is having a great big sale, and it was a story.

On the national…news.

Twice.

So I went out and shot myself in the face, because, you know…fuck it.

9 Likes

#the only thing worth buying so far is this giant bag of penis-shaped candy

You say that like penis-shaped candy is a bad thing, or something…

11 Likes

Another argument for the gun control lobby. Will nobody think of the NRA? Next time go and shoot a black person.

I am particularly disappointed that this is such a sexist product. Shouldn’t it be sold as a two pack with the female equivalent? (Purely in the interests of gender research I have checked and it doesn’t seem to exist.)

1 Like

I think it’s often hard to find a Prime Day deal because Prime Day is actually about getting rid of the products that don’t sell well to make room for holiday inventory.

2 Likes

I woke up this morning to a bunch of texts from my sister, up with her 3-month old.
12:22 I’m up with the baby, she can’t sleep
12:30 Oh crap I just realized Prime Day just started!
12:40 Everything’s sold out :confused:

5 Likes

4 Likes

That’s a product selection based off your past browsing history and purchases.

4 Likes

Let’s play the “this is ludicrous” game!

NVidia graphics cards, for those that might not know, indicate the generation with the first digit. So, a GTX 7** would be 7th generation in the series, 8** would be 8th and so on. You can safely assume that the same variant of card from a newer generation will be more powerful.

Which brings us to the current Prime Day super-seekrit special deal on the GTX 750 Ti! A mere $143.50!
A GTX 1050 Ti, with twice the memory and various other performance advantages, is… $150.

On the other hand, the 8-quart InstaPot looked really tempting… and then I checked the Cooks Illustrated review of it. Summary: “This cooker made terrible food.”

2 Likes

And I can testify it was also a “story” on the local news too. Complete with an Amazon shill pretending to ba a reporter telling about all the great deals you can get.

So with that bag of dicks, was this song a suggested purchase?

First line relevant.

3 Likes

Local news has long been a dumping ground for “stories” required by the affiliate’s parent networks, in addition to the local fluff. I didn’t realize that national news had given up any notion of being somehow more “serious” than the local news, simply by virtue of its being, you know, national. Though I suppose if Amazon really is turning into America’s (if not the world’s) corner grocer, then this is now the equivalent of covering said grocer’s celebrating 75 years in business with a big ol’ sale, come on down, and say hi to Bob. Except that it’s also an advertisement that probably cost millions to place, delivered with a smile and a chin by David Muir.

Peter Jennings flicks his cigarette ash at you from hell, Muir. And stop talking with your hands. Jesus.

Just ordered a bag that I can use to fill our reception candy dish when no one is looking. Maybe I can time it so that it coincides with a board meeting.

3 Likes

Heh heh. “Hardly.”

"Do not taunt Super Fun Penis Candy."
"Do not attempt to feed Super Fun Penis Candy to your or anyone else’s penis."
"Still legal in 16 states. It’s super. It’s fun. It’s Super Fun Penis Candy."

3 Likes

On the other hand, searching for “vulva candy” is a good way to make new friends.

2 Likes

Well, it got a reply from you, anyway. And black helicopters.

1 Like

Hey, that’s my drag name!

8 Likes

Candy Vulva rolls off the tongue better.

7 Likes

I have to agree

2 Likes