American rap artist eats too many hot cheetos

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/09/26/american-rap-artist-eats-too-m.html

2 Likes

No such thing.

(Typed on an orange keyboard)

10 Likes
13 Likes

I didn’t know I needed that in my life, but apparently I do. Mono Neon is pretty fun.

5 Likes

13 Likes

I just don’t see any way these are spicy enough to do actual damage to your stomach. I routinely eat far hotter things (habaneros, ghost peppers) with no physical damage to any of my alimentary canal. Spicy hot just feels hot, it’s not actually damaging hot.

What I can see happening is that you eat so many they irritate your stomach, which is unused to it, and it starts cranking out tons of acid giving you an ulcer. Or you just ate too damn many Cheetohs, period.

9 Likes

Wait, WTF? How does that happen? It’s not like we’re talking about hard, sharp foods here, and they’re a mass produced snack item, so they’re not particularly spicy, either.

2 Likes

Apparently the flaming hot cheetos caused him to both bleed internally, and to vomit blood.

10 Likes

Well, it makes no sense that a cheeto did it. If you bleed from your stomach lining, there are two directions for that blood to go (assuming “back into your circulatory system” being a non-starter) – up and out, or down and out.

Powdered and puffed corn, even coated with a sugary-spicy yet water soluble substance to “harden” it shouldn’t do much damage even if swallowed whole and not chewed. Chewed it should be a paste.

To think before today I didn’t know what a Lil Xan was, now I want Leonard Nimoy to come back from the grave and make an “In Search of…” special episode about Xan’s mystery cheeto.

4 Likes

Maybe the rolling them in crushed glass prior to consumption did it???

7 Likes

I hate to break it to you but ingesting spicy, fat laden food most definitely can cause bleeding stomach or esophageal ulcers.

2 Likes

Rapper named after recreational pill use goes to hospital for symptoms of recreational pill use, claims Hot Cheetos are to blame.

this checks out

14 Likes

With these I think the nutritional data sheet doesn’t show immense amounts of fat. A spicy curry should be far more deadly.

3 Likes

8 Likes

That’s how I eat snacks at work. Keeps my hand clean for typing.

Also, those Cheetos are pretty freaking hot. At least for me.

1 Like
4 Likes
3 Likes

One of the few “life hacks™” I’m fully on board with.

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for the heads-up on MonoNeon. Groovy.

1 Like

It’s the red pepper/capsicum powder, actually. Something similar happened to me, albeit not including the Chee-Tos. It also involved coughing up/vomiting a bit of blood, so yes, this IS actually entirely possible from eating too damn many Flaming Hot Chee-Tos.

6 Likes