American toddlers have shot 23 people so far this year

clearly there are not enough good toddlers with guns to stop them…

8 Likes

Many, many flights have a LOT of armed passengers. You’d be surprised. They check in at the desk ahead of the flight with paperwork showing their carry permits.

And if it’s the case I’m thinking about, she wasn’t even a gun owner. (She had borrowed the car that contained the gun.)

Especially if it’s the kid who gets shot. (Or another kid gets shot.) Or the gun didn’t belong to the parents. Or…

Look, we all know that in this context, “well regulated” means “no regulation at all.” It’s what the founding fathers would have wanted. /s

5 Likes

for laughs and giggles I searched for kids’ body armor and now I’m kind of creeped out - US suppliers offer a myriad of options

ballistic vest

armored backpacks

ballistic vest for even younger children

bulletproof blankets

9 Likes

Yeah, the gun was left in the vehicle by her security guard significant other.

Guns are intended to have the ability to kill people. It’s not an “accident” that someone who is shot is injured or killed, just possibly an accident that they were shot in the first place.

Unless the knives we’re looking for statistics on are intended to kill living beings, they would be irrelevant in comparison.

Comparing stats with non-weapon deaths like pool and bathtub drownings would be even less relevant.

Letting a kid have access to a gun is like carelessly leaving your electric chair powered up while you’re gone rather than forgetting to lock up the pool.

6 Likes

the same people who thought the second amendment was a good idea were totally okay with dueling as an acceptable way to resolve differences. we’ve collectively agreed that one of those was a horrible idea, unfortunately it was the one that took less lives.

9 Likes

Exactly. And it’s worth noting that we were granted that supposed “right” more than 200 years after the signing of the constitution. In a 5 to 4 decision. Written by that ratfuck Scalia.

5 Likes

Was that an accidental double negative or were you just checking to see if anyone is bothering to listen to what anyone else is saying?

6 Likes

It’s 100% legal and actually explicitly protected in state law for Idaho parents to neglect their children to death. As long as they claim their god told them to do that.

So no. In a lot of the US, parents don’t have any obligation to their children, because the law is written by cowards and authoritarians who believe that children are property instead of people.

4 Likes

Look, you guys are missing the big picture here. There’s one group of youngsters that’s getting out ahead of the curve and outdoing previous generations and I think their competitive spirit should be rewarded.

7 Likes

Kill them all before they … oh wait!

We need a total and complete shutdown of toddlers entering the United States while we figure out what the hell is going on. Even if it is through a vagina.

5 Likes

When they outlaw toddlers, only outlaws will have toddlers…
They can take my gun when they pry it from the cold, dead fingers of my toddler.
etc…

4 Likes

Indeed. The only thing that stops a bad toddler with a gun is a good toddler with a gun.

3 Likes

I think you’re thinking of people who check guns in their luggage. I’m talking about people who try to bring a gun through the secure area, like a hijacker would do.

To bring a gun on a plane requires being a law enforcement officer with a special training course and a specific need (such as transporting prisoners or VIPs). https://www.tsa.gov/travel/law-enforcement

2 Likes

I’m not going to get on a second amendment soapbox because I frankly think the whole concept is stupid in this day and age. It’s an old idea meant for a time where we were supposed to be able to organize militias. Some of the extremest nutjobs go on about “what if they come for our guns?” The truth of the matter is if the US government and military choose to turn on you, you’re going to have a really bad day.

I do understand people who live in rural areas needing guns on a day to day basis. My parents owned goats, dogs, and a cat and had bears and mountain lions occasionally traverse their property. They never had to shoot one, but warning shots were fired. I understand having a 12 gauge handy with a blank, a shell full of rubber balls, and a slug loaded. (In that order.)

10 Likes

I was reading about that recently. Horrible.

4 Likes

But were these shootings justifiable? Hmm?

2 Likes

Arm foetuses, that’ll fix the problem.

1 Like

Only six states have no exemptions in cases of neglect. WTF? (Sorry that should probably be eight.)

1 Like