Amy Schumer parodies boy bands' obsession with "natural beauty"

You just said it.

2 Likes

4 Likes

I won’t commwnt directly on the topic at hand more than to say that ladies and gents who face the makeup decision/labors, my hat’s off to you. It sucks when both doing something and not doing it bith subject a person to derision.

But i do think it’s funny to speak of a band like one direction having an opinion about something. As a creation of savvy executives, the appearance of this “opinion” certainly does signal that marketers think that this is something that One D fans want to hear. Perhaps this is the true sign of an idea entering the zeitgeist.

John legend’s “perfect imperfections” song seems to smack of a similar idea, though from a slightly different angle. The other line in the song brings up a similar double edged sword where he mentions “curves” as one of the qualities he so generously agrees to love (hold applause…) Curves seem to be another example that seem to aubject both the haves and the have nots to judgement based on the era, beholder, etc… Sheesh. What an exhausting world.

3 Likes

1 Like

Yeah, that was definitley part of the joke.

Also, that John Legend song is kind of on the line. I think it is very well intentioned, and he has supported feminism very vocally in the past. It’s not my favorite but I know he really means well. I liked the video, which had a Laverne Cox cameo, so I can’t hate too much.

That Bruno Mars song “Beautiful” though, yikes. I hate that song. And I love Bruno Mars. But that is a terrible song.

1 Like

5 Likes

ohmygodbest

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.