An ad from an alternate universe

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/12/09/an-ad-from-an-alternate-universe.html

3 Likes

Sooooo… Was he adopted? I am not sure…

14 Likes

24 Likes

He was a Co-Co-Co-Clone.

6 Likes
2 Likes

Okay, mom is drinking her own…product/liquid…but her head is detached. Where is it going?

7 Likes

Makes more sense than Trump’s legal strategy.

12 Likes

The people that made that commercial are obviously fans of The Perry Bible Fellowship.

6 Likes

86Xk

10 Likes

This reminded me of another “you’ll never guess what this commercial is for until the reveal” ad from a few years back:
Don’t read the reply tweets to prevent spoilers

6 Likes

I remembered seeing that ad and still couldn’t remember what it was for.

On the topic of the current advert, I’d just like to say that each season of interdimensional cable gets weirder than the last. It’s not a competition, guys, just have fun with it.

4 Likes

Wow, I always hated advertising and this has shaken my core beliefs structure! I mean, if ALL ads aren’t bad news as I once thought, what else am I wrong about?

2 Likes

The strangest thing for me was that RC Cola still exists.

I thought for sure it was a casualty of the cola wars.

4 Likes

Ban this sick filth!

1 Like

Cool ad. It hooks you in right til the end. Then you remember the advertiser even though it gets about 1/8th of a second exposure.

2 Likes

da-fuk-did-i-just-read_o_232022

3 Likes

The shift from emotional manipulation to downright fucking weirdness was so … fuck, I have no idea.

On the other hand I guess people will be talking about this, and the fact that the brand is alt/hip/old/whatever means I (n=1, obvs) that at least I have the brand breaching the surface of my short-term memory.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.