An alligator attacks its handler at a child's birthday party

Originally published at: An alligator attacks its handler at a child's birthday party | Boing Boing

5 Likes

alligator-attack

18 Likes

Well, I think we can guaran-damn-tee that there’s a couple of kids who will remember this traumatic learning experience for the rest of their lives.

16 Likes

Not too many people get to experience the alligator roll and live to tell about it.

9 Likes

Or as conservatives would call it… “a character building experience”.

6 Likes

When it started the roll, you knew it was serious!
I was like: Bro, you really are punching above your weight here!

3 Likes

Wow. Kudos to that quick thinking dad. Channeling his inner Steve Irwin there!

5 Likes

Someone willing to dive on an alligator to help out a stranger should never have to buy a drink for the rest of their life. Assuming they live past the diving on an alligator part. I mean…if they really want to have a drink bought by someone else while in mid wrestle, I suppose I’d support that too. But then they’re just showing off and ultimately having a negative impact on the longevity of the presumed “free drinks for the rest of your life” offer. So the offer should probably only go into effect after the alligator is well and fully wrestled.

20 Likes

Wow, that handler! Calmly directing the others how to hold the gator and get her hand free. Swoon!

10 Likes

So, how was work today?

13 Likes

You almost have to believe that wasn’t the first time she was in that situation. What a thing to be practiced at!

8 Likes

What was with him throwing that fistful of water toward the camera (wife) at 1m14s? Like, “why are you filming this go get help,” or like, “yep I see you, hi mom!”

2 Likes

I think he threw something that was in the way of him helping.

Talk about courage, leaping in there and tackling a freakin’ gator.

Glad everyone survived, mostly intact.

10 Likes

I don’t think that the alligator as “attacking”. It was just expecting to receive a treat from the humans. It was approaching the handler calmly and not in aggressive way. Maybe it has gotten used to get the treats after some kind of a snatching play? The alligator probably just thought that it had managed to outsmart the handler and snatched the treat.

1 Like

“Timmy’s dad was so awesome. He brought a gator and it nearly ate a guy! Can we get one for my birthday?”

12 Likes

Now looking for a quick way to make an alligator sandwich…

1 Like

Here is gourmet alligator, anime style

Does that go for crocodiles too?

5 Likes

Well Paul Hogan should never have to buy his own drinks anyways. I now find myself fervently hoping that Paul Hogan hasn’t gone full Mel Gibson and destroyed my fond memories of his movies.

4 Likes

He earned his lifetime pass from me for the series ANZACs. The best (possibly only) TV series about World War 1 combat. He plays a soldier written as a “Paul Hogan type”. (The producers never expected he would actually take the part)

3 Likes