An analysis of Donald Trump’s election win and the prospects for his presidency

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2017/01/20/an-analysis-of-donald-trump.html

10 Likes

That about sums it up.

10 Likes

Don’t get Fucked.
Get Active.

25 Likes

14 Likes

I wonder if he’ll simply be generally ignored.

8 Likes

Sincerely,

• Meh
4 Likes

Fuckity McFuckerson is now Fake-President.

10 Likes

This is the second time I’ve seen you post this symbol lately. What is the provenance and meaning?

4 Likes

Protest sign art by Patrick Farley.

The United States is greater than Trump. We refuse to be defined by him.

27 Likes

Just guessing, but I’d say it’s approximately “red, white and blue is greater than orange.”

17 Likes

From Katie Mack:

34 Likes

We are Daphnis…???

4 Likes

A short summary from Esquire: how does Trump plan to deal with climate change, the Affordable Care Act, and LGBT rights?

Delete them.

9 Likes

For people looking for a more nuanced opinion of what a Trump presidency means, check out Yale constitutional law prof, Jack Balkan’s blog Balkinization. He’s got a theory that Trump means the end of reaganism and will likely precipitate a GOP implosion similar to the body blow the democrats took as result of the Carter presidency.

There is also an absolute evisceration (in the most dry academic way) of Trump’s legal arguments regarding the emolument clause.

JB’s blog is the best, and definitely the most dense, source of critical analysis of Trump from a constitutional perspective that I have been able to find.

15 Likes

Orangermageddon!!!

Mangogate!!!

Spraytanacide!!!

The White House would be cosmetic surgery town were the first family to actually live there.

3 Likes

Yeah I just wish the rest of the country wouldn’t be so completely fucked over by it though.

10 Likes

Very well articulated.

2 Likes

Further analysis of the GOP.

7 Likes

I just IMd my wife to tell her how disoriented and angry I felt after reading a transcript of Trump’s speech. She wrote a few things back to me, but my favorite was:

being hopeful in a psychopath is not normal

20 Likes

This article appears to be channeling Douglas Zongker.

(Damnit, @Chaz1 beat me to it)

2 Likes