An awesome “nude for all” underwear campaign

You say “choice of clothing materials” as though there is some other option.
Women’s clothing is simply not made in a sturdier material.
Again, you seem to be taking pride in not thinking.

4 Likes

How long are those pants? Which side does sir dress on?

1 Like

takes notes on imaginary moleskin

Seven shades of ladies…one for each continent, I guess.

:confused:

1 Like

Surely the Antarctic women would be a pale blue?

5 Likes

Gven reported typical Antarctic hygiene standards, they’re more likely a muddy grey. Antarctic conditions do not encourage frequent washing. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I wish I could agree with you, but I’ve seen an increasing trend towards vanity sizing in men’s clothing, particularly pants.

I’m old enough to remember a time when you could walk into pretty much any store that sold men’s clothing, and a 32 or 34 " waist was exactly that. Now it seems (particularly with jeans) that we’ve got all sorts of custom cuts (skinny? regular? relaxed?) that alter the fit, and manufacturers are playing a little fast and free with the waist sizes as well. I’ve actually got to try things on first rather than just shopping off the shelf. WTF!?!

8 Likes

Welcome to our world. :unamused:

20 Likes

That’s why I’m a size 34 in slacks, but only a 32 in jeans, and why I absolutely cannot buy relaxed fit jeans. Relaxed fit is supposed to mean more room in the thighs, but what it really is is blatant vanity sizing.

That’s still better than the randomness that is women’s clothes sizes.

6 Likes

My loosest pair of pants say they are size 6. All my other pants say 10-12.

I laugh when detectives on TV find an item of clothing that leads them to the murderer, because she wears size 7! Dude, I have 6 different clothing sizes and 3 different shoe sizes in my closet, all of which I can wear right now.

15 Likes

I can totally relate with shoe sizes. I buy shoes online because most stores only carry shoes up to size 13 US. I haven’t had much trouble comparatively speaking, but I have to do my research into which brands run loose, which brands run tight, I have to keep track of what has worked for me in the past, I have to know US/UK/EUR sizes, etc.

I’m not sure what women do if they’re tall or they don’t fit the pre-approved body type. There are tall stores for women, but they’re few and far between. The shape thing, well, that just complicates things unnecessarily.

2 Likes

I try to avoid ties whenever possible, and wear them loosely when I must. But there’s actual clinical research establishing the effect for a “typical” tie.

3 Likes

Gee thanks for the insult. Oddly enough, my wife has all sorts of non-translucent clothing. But sure, women can’t buy clothing made from sturdy material.

1 Like

Cardboard dresses are very uncomfortable

1 Like

There are also tall stores for men–or more commonly “big and tall” stores since we Y-chromosomes don’t have to put up with the same degree of body-shaming. But what’s also frustrating to me is there are no short stores.

I can find plenty of pants, slacks, trousers etc. that fit my waist but very few that don’t go past my ankles.

6 Likes

Mail order from China where 32/26 pants are a thing.

But can’t you get your pants hemmed regardless? Always easier to shorten than it is to lengthen.

2 Likes

Big and Tall stores, or as I call them, Short and Fat stores. Options for tall men are better than for tall women, but only just. As someone who’s tall but not big, the options are quite limited.

1 Like

On a similar note, I’ll find shirts (usually L) that fit me in the chest and shoulders, but with shirt sleeves that go down to my knuckles.

2 Likes

In lighter colours?

The underwear problem is why nearly all my shirts are dark colours, even the summer ones. It’s the only way I’ve found to get opaque fabric – most of the time.

4 Likes

Come to think of it, if your wife doesn’t have this problem, do you mind sharing where she gets her clothes? 'Cos damned if I’d had any luck, especially with workwear.

4 Likes

Oh, she has the same problem with some of her clothing. I was responding to SabineAgain who said “Women’s clothing is simply not made in a sturdier material.” and “You will not find any, I mean ANY, that are not at least partly transparent.” which is just silly. Of course women’s clothing is available in all sorts of materials. It seems some clothing, as people have been kind enough to explain after I asked about it, make ‘nude’ underwear a good choice.
But to answer your question more directly, she primarily shops online, at outlet, and discount stores. Neither of us are very big on spending extra for pretty storefronts.

2 Likes