An orifice-by-orifice census of the objects US emergency room doctors removed from their patients in 2017

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2017/12/28/flared-bases.html

1 Like

Million to one shot Doc.

4 Likes

“PUT PAPERCLIP THROUGH URETHRA AND PUNCTURED THROUGH THE SHAFT OF PENIS”

15 Likes

I don’t see any head-rectum listings, so I expect 2018 to be much the same as 2017.

3 Likes

Rectum? Why I hardly even…

5 Likes

Lets check:

PENIS:

• PIECE OF DOMINO - Either a freakishly small domino piece or a freakishly huge urethra.
  • COAXIAL CABLE - That was a wild night at the AV Club!

VAGINA:

• BIKE REFLECTOR - How? What? WHY? BUT HOW!?

ANUS:

• BAG OF ORAL TOBACCO - No longer “oral”.
  • TOOTHBRUSH - Molars are difficult to reach, have to be creative. Understandable.
  • TOOTHBRUSH HOLDER - Have to charge that toothbrush somewhere!
  • 3 AA BATTERIES - Silly, everybody know humans use two 9-volt batteries.
20 Likes

Cory’s photo appears to show one of the new Donald Trump IUDs. They are reported to be far more uncomfortable than others on the market, but are 100% reliable in preventing implantation. They are allegedly highly effective at preventing impregnation and penetration, as well.

3 Likes

Eddie Hitler, have you been sleep doodling again?

6 Likes

Not strictly a bodily orifice, but definitely cringe-worthy:

FOOT:

• KICKED A WALL WITH A TOOTHPICK UNDER HIS TOENAIL
2 Likes

My step-father has one story about an interesting symposium he attended on foreign objects found in the human body. One example stood out: a toolbox stuck in the rectum of a male patient. What immediately came to my mind was one of those humongous Snap-on rollaway tool storage chests. Obviously – OBVIOUSLY – the toolbox must have been one of those little jobbies kept around by apartment dwellers. Maybe.

4 Likes

Don’t jobbies usually go in the other direction?

Noun

jobbie (plural jobbies)

(Scotland, slang) Faeces; a piece of excrement.
2008, James Kelman, Kieron Smith, Boy, Penguin, published 2009, page 85:

Ye had to watch no to step in mud or a puddle or else in jobby, dogs were aye doing jobbies, or else ye watched for broken glass.

4 Likes

The batteries one reminds me of the Shining Dragon.

10 Likes

Hoot mon!

I’m here on the right side of ‘The Big Pond’ (specifically SoCal); here, “jobbies” sort of casually (sometimes softly derisive) refers to “things”.

1 Like

Back in the 1990s, I stumbled across this story, about a retired RAF officer, on a now-defunct website called, “I Took The Call.” That was back in the day when you could actually surf from one end of the Internet to the other, and I was researching a curious bit of graffiti I kept seeing around Seattle.

https://people.well.com/user/cynsa/newpiles.html#shell

Yes, a 20 mm shell.

2 Likes

As the old saying goes: anything is a dildo/buttplug, if you’re brave enough.

7 Likes

Ahhh the ol’ butt chug…

Is our culture doomed? I ask myself, as I finish putting what is now a full glass of Franzia into my ass.

2 Likes

Thing pulled out of ass in 2017: 2017.

8 Likes

I can’t look. Any parasite removal?

2 Likes
1 Like

If you ever touched your tongue to the terminals of a 9 volt battery, you can only guess what that would feel like as a suppository. My question is Marbles? Got to think you could pass them, even shooters.

2 Likes