20 Likes

Oh, I’m praying for him.

23 Likes

Sending lots of thoughts too, mm hmm.

23 Likes

Fank kew!

(ETA:) /grabs rum and some lime

5 Likes

Not a huge fan of DeSantis, and could he have secretly gotten COVID over the break and be recovering from it? Sure, why not. But at the same time, BB BBS has a rule against speculating about someone’s mental state, so I wouldn’t dare speculate that he has post covid brain damage.

4 Likes

The entire situation is horrifying. I am painfully empathic, but feel less than nothing for the death cult gqp politicos who drag others into their cult, and are responsible for so many deaths. I do want them to reach complete enlightenment, via whichever path they’re drawn to, and to stop causing all these deaths.

22 Likes

Just a bit bad tuna sandwich from the Mar a Lago clubhouse surely. Or rat hairs.

10 Likes

I’ll save my prayers for those of us who are without the blood of thousands of our constituents on our hands. I’ll pray for those of us who are doing everything we can to keep others and ourselves safe - by wearing masks, keeping our distance, getting vaccinated, sharing truthful information, and just waiting to do whatever is next asked of us - so we can end this plague, not others’ lives.

I pray the death cult politicos reach complete enlightenment, and stop killing their people with lies and mask- and vaxxhole BS.

49 Likes

What makes you think anyone’s assuming the damage is post COVID?

17 Likes

There is a very long list of people who are suffering things they shouldn’t be and deserve sympathy for it. I can accept Ron and his wife should be on the list, but I don’t think I would ever get around to them except that they’re in the news…and given that the reason they’re in the news is because he’s doing his best to help a pandemic kill as many people as possible, I don’t think it encourages me to move him up. So when I can spare a kind thought, it will be for someone else, sorry.

24 Likes

Oh dear! Gosh, I hope it’s nothing serious! That would be unfortunate. /s

10 Likes

A nice, long, reflective, eventually getting better bout of long covid is what every anti-vaxxer should get. Long enough to really give them some regretting time. Long enough to tell their friends it’s no hoax, joke and sucks bawls.

8 Likes

True! I dunno. I just don’t want to root for the pandemic, even when it might kill someone I don’t like. Feels … conflicting.

I know the R’s want this thing to kill more people under Biden than it did under Trump so they can use that to hit Biden with (preferably at the midterms too) , and I know they have plenty of people to spare in the red states, but I don’t think rooting for the virus to kill people is the thing I can do. I just want them to take the fucking shot.

8 Likes

I was going to say both, but I like the way you think. I’ll take the karma hit.

4 Likes

Long enough to almost completely bankrupt them. I say almost because I don’t want them to avail themselves of any public funds. They can stagger along on the pittance they are left with .
Of course, they’d blame POC, Jews, Liberals, or anyone but themselves and the politicians and/or right wing talking heads who led them down the path they are on.

4 Likes

I get it. If I thought there was a chance of DeSantis being held accountable for the human damage he’s done, I would hold out for that. I’ve made it my life’s work, genuinely, to find technological solutions to make people’s lives better an healthier; so I also can’t root for a disease to win even minor battles.

But also; the world would be better off with DeSantis incapacitated and unable to do ongoing harm.

20 Likes

His wife will have access to the best medical care that money can buy. Save your prayers for people who do not have that.

33 Likes

Amen. Save your prayers (for what they’re worth) for the people who won’t live long enough to get cancer.

11 Likes