Ancient Israelites got high in temple

So, did they eat Cheder Doritos?

Let’s not forget the Klezmatics classic “Mizmor Shir Lehanef” (“Reefer Song”), a ska/klezmer fusion singing the praises of weed in Yiddish (they also did a Yiddish version of “Night Ship to Cairo” which is fabulous)

(lyrics translation here)

7 Likes

When I lived in Kazakhstan, I used to see it growing as a weed by the side of the road. I never tried it myself, but the expats there who did said it was pretty weak. The Kazakhstanis weren’t much interested in it, probably because vodka was cheap and copious, and probably packed a bigger punch.

7 Likes

Beat me to it.

4 Likes

I wonder if they used a . . . (ahem). . . “chalice.”

I’ll see your Israelites and raise you an Israel Vibration.

8 Likes

17 Likes

The festival of getting lit.

9 Likes

That’s great news!

Maybe Jared Kushner can give his father-in-law some good kush and it would make him chill out for a bit. Or maybe it would make him even more paranoid. Scratch that idea out.

4 Likes

The Ruderalis strains from eastern Europe are what people crossbred with indicas and sativas to make auto flowering plants.

8 Likes

Just pump him full of krokodil till he liquefies.

3 Likes

He’s dedicated himself to the service of another deity altogether, I’m afraid.

6 Likes

I always thought it was a euphemism for VD

2 Likes

The genus is widely accepted as being indigenous to and originating from Central Asia, with some researchers also including upper South Asia in its origin. - wikipedja

Too cool! Bet that was an XLNT show!

I think everyone in the White House is already using jenkem. Trump produces enough shit to have a good supply.

6 Likes

A pillar of smoke indeed!

6 Likes

Or maybe some modern-day grad students decided to light one up in the temple one night…

If I was a ripped man…!

4 Likes

I was under the impression that a lot of the oil used for sacred annointing was hemp based? Am I misremembering this, or is this all old news?

1 Like
1 Like