Andrew Tate charged with rape and human trafficking

Because emotionally stunted young men who don’t like their lives want easy answers, and having some other emotionally stunted dude tell you that it’s everyone else’s fault but yours, and that you can just pay them for all the answers to fix your life, is an attractive offer.

20 Likes

I take it you are not tossing your hat in to the ring to become Trump’s next lawyer, then?

4 Likes

And also that various social media algorithms keep feeding young men and boys this kind of content. My spouse gets recs for videos reposting Tate crap and I know very well he isn’t a misogynist. I’ve heard of many teachers complaining about Tate. Apparently a lot of his viewers are middle school and high school boys.
Mix confused, steeped in toxic masculinity, juvenile brains, and being constantly recommended this shit. It gets to kids. Those kids never get snapped out of it and turn into adults.
As for the ones who were already adults- misogyny is a hell of a drug

14 Likes

Don’t forget how no one else in their lives (at home, at school, etc.) is telling them how to engage in healthy relationships, including with themselves. All they have, in many cases, is the algorithm. Which is only concerned with ad revenue, not mental health.

9 Likes

Episode 2 Whatever GIF

Even if you could trust him to pay your bills – even if defending a President of the United States seems like an inherently interesting case to take – he just seems like he’d be completely reactionary to listening to any advice at all. And that makes working with someone absolutely no fun at all.

10 Likes

/s

10 Likes

…couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy…

2 Likes

Well, bless his heart!

2 Likes

Trust?

36856_original

7 Likes
5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.