Angry mom texts 35-year-old man instead of her daughter, hilarity and outrage ensues

Poor Jess, her mom is now in a foul mood and shit flows downhill.

14 Likes

Let’s hope Jess has the good sense not to laugh at the ridiculousness. That could spell trouble.

7 Likes

9 Likes

internet gold was an understatement

2 Likes

AND she doesn’t get to see Boss Baby with her boyfriend!

2 Likes

Oh noooo. . . . you mean I just wasted my time reading that? But I was enjoying it so much!

Gosh darn it!

18 Likes

hm, reminds me of someone. Wonder what she would do with some good ol’ nuclear codes.

2 Likes

My wife and I haven’t laughed at something so hard in a very long time. I’m still crying with laughter.

3 Likes

To be fair, the classic meme “new phone who dis” exists for a reason: some people do like to mess with others.

Anyway, I can’t help but think that this sort of thing, before texts existed, would have lasted five seconds: call, get some random dude, sorry wrong number, type the number again without typos, get Jess. Now we’re so scared to, y’know, talk, that we’ll try to unwrangle a conversation for hours, get angry and blame everything and everyone, as long as we don’t have to actually speak and listen, because oh no that would be embarrassing and inconvenient… much easier to rage at the screen.

3 Likes

I’m not an expert, but I’d be willing to bet this woman is pretty far down the road for narcissistic personality disorder.

2 Likes

I got an angry phone call at work every year for almost 10 years from the same angry woman looking for “Bill”. She never believed me when I told her that the person she was asking for was neither me nor worked for the same company. Every year.

5 Likes

Not at all. Boing Boing pwns. But the OP was duped if he thinks this exchange was real. And if it’s fake, is it funny at all?

And your evidence that it’s fake is…?

10 Likes

Last time I got a mobile phone, I was harassed for a couple of weeks by bill collectors looking for the previous person with that number. They were completely obnoxious and insisted that I was hiding that person or disguising my voice or something. I discovered that my service at the time (some abomination descended from NYNEX, Bell Atlantic, and GTE) inexplicably gave users of their not-cheap service a limit of like 2-3 blockable numbers, so I used those. The previous person also had a friend who liked to send them messages with latin beefcake pron (not my type) which I often accidently opened when answering the phone, to the shock of people around me.

7 Likes

Just a lack of naivete?

Given that there are countless examples on the web of people overreacting and doubling down on their bullheaded stupidity instead of just copping to their mistakes?

Yeah; it’s still funny, regardless if it actually happened in that one particular instance.

4 Likes

The category of authentic reactions can be funny. When they’re authentic.

And you totally get to be the guy who decides what is and is not funny, for everyone else…

19 Likes

AND what is and isn’t real.

So good to have such an eggspurt around to help us out with such things.

9 Likes

Were you not just guilty of the same thing by declaring the category to be funny? Stunning lack of awareness. Bravo.